Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Z1000SX ‘18
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m selling this booster plug out of my Kawasaki z1000sx 2018.
full info on what this booster plug does is here,

Make me a fair offer and it’s yours, I can ship worldwide

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX SE, 2022 Z900RS, 2022 SV650
103 Posts
I wasn't trying to bump it up for the Seller, but when I visited the Booster Plug site, I read there that due to Euro 5 Regs and onward, there will be not any more BP's being developed.
They cite a E 5 rule that the ECU monitors outside temp and compares that to the BP modified temperature reading at the Air Intake Sensor.
Eventually, it generate an ECU alarm fault state. Full story via the link below.

Rob.

·
Registered
Z1000SX ‘18
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't trying to bump it up for the Seller, but when I visited the Booster Plug site, I read there that due to Euro 5 Regs and onward, there will be not any more BP's being developed.
They cite a E 5 rule that the ECU monitors outside temp and compares that to the BP modified temperature reading at the Air Intake Sensor.
Eventually, it generate an ECU alarm fault state. Full story via the link below.

Rob.
Ah yes the infamous Euro 5. As far as I know it still gives a great boost for bikes with euro 4 or lower. I’ve had this chip in my N1K and it definitely makes a difference. However right now I’m getting a dyno and Ecu tune so the booster plug is obsolete

·
Premium Member
13,682 Posts
Booster plug did a good job of walking the line between scam, and real product

This product did make your bike a little more rich. That was something that helped older bikes, like maybe year 2000 older bikes. All it ever did was make the bike think it was colder, outside, than it really was.

Those bikes were lean, and 5% more fuel helped, a little. It never was a good, accurate fix. It was better than nothing. To be fair, that's all boosteerplug marketed it as doing . That was fine, but the joke was

Since about the 2000ish times, the bikes have catalytic converters and very accurate fuel control. The cat meant that the exhaust was clean.. so clean that they didn't have to worry as much about the bike being lean.

The stock bike isn't lean, everywhere. The old bikes were. . Although it would help with those few lean spots, it makes the rich spots worse. That is something you don't want.

They ran right up against the scam line with its price. It doesn't contain more than about 2.00 worth of parts.

Here's aa great review of it on a modern bike. I know we don't own Triumph 1200 Thruxstons, but our bike is turned the same way.

The best place for this product is in the trash can. Chalk it up to a bad purchase. Or, find someone with a 2001 zx6.

The positive reviews are but Placebo effect as well as the fact that a too-rich running engine has quick throttle response. Otherwise, it does way more harm than good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts