Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my 2016 candy red ninja this coming Tuesday or Wednesday. I want the dealer to install my Shogun no cut frame sliders before I ride it home. Future mods will include handlebar risers from Murphskits.com and a Yoshimura fender eliminator. I also want to put on a pair of Yosh R-77 slip ons. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I had a pair of the Carbon Fiber ones on my 2011. I loved them but I don't think I would do it again. They have gotten pricey.

·
Registered
127 Posts
congrats on the new bike and welcome from Wyoming.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Picking up my 2016 candy red ninja this coming Tuesday or Wednesday. I want the dealer to install my Shogun no cut frame sliders before I ride it home. Future mods will include handlebar risers from Murphskits.com and a Yoshimura fender eliminator. I also want to put on a pair of Yosh R-77 slip ons. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
I have the Shoguns and the look pretty clean.. The Murphs are cool and I love mine but make sure you read up here as your front brake controls might be a tad high and there is some ways to help with that..

Yosh are nice a lightweight, but super super exp.. If you dont mind me asking, why those? Most of the kits are really designed for full systems and sound wise, there is a ton of options at 1/4 the cost.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks to all for the advice. I am hoping for a better sound, so I'll look around this forum for some alternatives. I 've read some stuff about a servo cable. how do I handle that? Do you need to reflash the ECU or anything else?
Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
No servo cable on the 2014 up bikes. I did the m4 slip ons on my 2015. Literally took less than 10 minutes start to finish. BTW the m4's are $480 and sound and look great

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the bike and got the Shoguns on. Murph's risers are on the way. Exhaust my have to wait. My next mod maybe a sprocket change. Considering 16 front 39 back. Do I need 520 or 525 sprockets?

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
That Candy Red is flippin' sweet... welcome to the forum Dakid

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yoshimura pipes do look nice though... :)

Attachments

Reactions: trialsguy

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yoshimura pipes do look nice though... :)
That is what I wanted and went cheap instead. I got the Delkevic. They leak air like crazy and the fitment sucked. They look and sound ok at least. So now I am wishing I had just spent the money. Instead of being $900, now the cost is $900 plus the cost of the Delkevic's. Anyway, I don't want to talk about it, lol.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I'm able to get a pretty good deal on a set of Yoshi R77 c/f slip-ons for my 2017.
Anyone know if they fit with the Kawi OEM bags?
i.e. does the up sweep angle change at all

Rob

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I'll answer my own question.

I reached out to Yoshimura R&D and was told:
"Unfortunately, we have not done a fitment check yet on the 2017 Ninja 1000.
It looks like from pictures of the motorcycle, the 2017 looks the same as the 2016 version. But the OEM part numbers for the mufflers are different, so we will have to get the motorcycle in here to do a fitment check on this."

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
I'll answer my own question.

I reached out to Yoshimura R&D and was told:
"Unfortunately, we have not done a fitment check yet on the 2017 Ninja 1000.
It looks like from pictures of the motorcycle, the 2017 looks the same as the 2016 version. But the OEM part numbers for the mufflers are different, so we will have to get the motorcycle in here to do a fitment check on this."

Rob
Rob
Look at Dons @DonRubicon Akrapovic exhaust, very simular to the Yoshi and pretty sure it wasn't listed for the 17 either at the time of purchase, hopefully he will see this and can chime in.
As far as a part number difrence in the 17 exhaust, it's only the sub number and that changes almost yearly. Was explained to me once that if they (kawasaki) changes so much as the type of welding rod used they will change the sub number. 18091 has remained the main part numper sence 2011 thur 2017.

Look on Kawasaki Parts House / Babbitts.com under muflers.

2016 ZX1000MGF. # 18091-0916.

2017 ZX1000WHF. # 18091-1124

Not sure I cleared anything up for you but at least hope I helped get you headed in the right direction.
JM2Cs
Kenneth

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm able to get a pretty good deal on a set of Yoshi R77 c/f slip-ons for my 2017.

Rob
I have the Italian G&G Moto2 exhaust (see attached pic) and can confirm that the OEM panniers do not fit with it. The swept-up end-cans foul with the bottom edge of the panniers. Having said that, the exhaust on my bike seems more aggressive than the Yoshimura in the angle at which it mounts. I would need an exhaust about two inches lower at the trailing edge for the panniers to mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts

Rob
They should fit just fine, I have had them on for a few months now. The pipe fits low so they should not interfere with the bags.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
New here to an old post,

But has anyone ever got a a Yoshimura R-77 to fit on a 2017 and above, if so anyone have pics, I don't have the bags nore will I ever so that part of this fitment is not an issue for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts