Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to install the fender eliminator kit on my 2016 N1k. The directions are skimpy and vague. Few pics or diagrams. I removed seats and grab handles as per the directions. I removed the four bolts holding the tail section. The next step says to lift the tail carefully to expose two tapered screws. I couldn't find the screws and couldn't remove the tail from the bike. I didn't want to tear anything up, so I reassembled everything and started this thread. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I installed it on my 2015 so I'm pretty sure they are the same.

I assume you are speaking of step #6.
The tail assembly is held in place structurally with the four bolts removed in step 5. These attach the tail assembly to the metal subframe. There are two more screw which are not visible because they only go through the plastic on the bottom of the subframe and self tap into two holes in the tail assembly.

You need to carefully separate the plastic on the bottom of the subframe, from the subframe, just enough to see the heads of the screws. They are basically attaching to the same part of the tail assembly as the 4 bolts removed in step 5.

The plastic needs to be carefully opened up from the subframe. Go around the edge of the plastic where it contacts the subframe and find where to separate it. It doesn't need to be completely removed. Just opened up enough to get at those screws.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts