Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of things about the eliminator instructions, they are sort of mediocre.

1) When cutting the brake light pigtail... at least 6 inches from the adapter should read... at least 10 inches from the adapter

2) route all cables through the bracket exactly in final state before you mount it... this should be a no brainer

3) Tell you the trick for getting the turn signals inserted into the brackets.. I failed to do this .. but it doesnt matter because I dont like my cable runs so I am taking it back apart tomorrow :/

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think the yoshimura fender eliminator looks very good. if you have a picture I would love to see it on a ninja 1000. I installed one on a 650 and am thinking of getting one for my bike.

·
Registered
197 Posts
The major problem I had was routing the cables as not to squish them under the bracket plate. See my pic. There was a small gap at the end of the plate I ran them through then seperated them back to the original under seat config. The turn signal mounting wasn't difficult. Get the rubber ends to go through the bracket and mount the holding plate back into position. Instructions are poor I agree.

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they may have addressed the instructions as my little brother said he had none. But the cable routing is only bad if you cut the brake light to short. It's only one splice and the yoshi led is really cool.

So for routing. You may not have noticed when you removed the old that a few of the bolt holes(the 4 main bolt holes) has a corner notched. The oem cables routed through these notches. There are 2 sheet metal screws that need to be removed to drop the lower fender far enough to make the job easier. Not the main square whole. My brother did the same as you and was unable to lock the tool case in.

Because I am taking it apart again I will try to remember to get a picture.

It is a hot looking peices... but it is very version 1.0.

1) Better directions with pictures
2) better license plate holder design
3) Replace the signals
4) Cable guide built into the chasis instead of wire ties

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Second try was the charm for me. I am very happy how the yoshi turned out. As long as you have a bit of patience and don't throw wrenches as you learn the right way to do make this work you should be fine.

I posted a pic to the albums of my bike with the Yoshi installed.

Take Care!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts