Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a rural area and commute to the city for work.

Anyone here in the forum installed Xenon HID lights on their N1K?

Driving at night in rural areas with deer about gets me skiddish!

If you did, did you install both Hi and Low bulbs or just the low?

Considering the 6000K bulb kit with a premium ballast from Xenon HIDS.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thx!

Be safe!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just low beam would be good enough

Im sure lots of riders have HID kits in their motorcycles

Is that bulb size in the new Ninja the same as the old one?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Xenon lights should be a good choice for you. LEDs can be too bright IMO. They can blind other people on the road sometimes. Let us know when you make a decision and send us some pictures once you buy/install them.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I find that LED's disperse in a weird way that results in blinding people at least with xenon lights it's more of a beam and can be directed easier.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Xenon lights should be a good choice for you. LEDs can be too bright IMO. They can blind other people on the road sometimes. Let us know when you make a decision and send us some pictures once you buy/install them.
Xenons are way brighter than most LEDs you can buy on the market

·
Registered
92 Posts
Reviving an old thread here....

Has anyone installed HIDs yet?

I have a set of H7C's to put in (the H7's are too long and bump into the shroud).

The H7C's are OK in length, the return wire insulation still rests on the shroud.

The base needs to be built up about a millimeter to work with the retaining clip; this might just be my specific bulbs.

But I'm still concerned about the HID's melting the shroud. Has anyone else put in HID bulbs?

·
Registered
971 Posts
LED questions:

I guess LEDs are easier to install since there isn't a ballast but I just heard what they cost. Are they really that expensive?

LEDs have higher lumens value than HID?

What are the pros/cons of LED and HID?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi,

There;s a post "Adding lights to see and be seen!" under "Appearance & Modifications"
which may help you out.

(Sorry, having a brain fart, so can't seem to remember how to enter a link here)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts