Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,061 Posts
How are the black, trim pieces? Ebay saves the day if a person only needs 1 piece of any of the black pieces, but if you needed 2 or 3, a person would save money by ordering the complete kit, like you did,and just have the other pieces for fun.

·
Premium Member
14,061 Posts
That looks excellent. Did you buy any special tools for the job?

·
Premium Member
14,061 Posts
I've been in service trucks that had wraps and stickers for the last 30 years. If we compare his bike to mine, I promise his wrap is more durable than my paint. The decals and wraps sometimes didnt snap, like they were new, but they still looked ok, 10 years down the line. For most bikes, you would be protection the paint, so theres that. You peel to reveal your original paint.

Kawasakis candy green is pretty, but it's as thin as it could possibly be and not let you see the bare metal. It's not as thin as the frame and swingarm paint, but no substance known to humans is.

I don't see myself as being skilled enough to do this, but I want something that's elr like.

·
Premium Member
14,061 Posts
I'm sure the vinyl might not be as durable as the paint Ford uses on the new f150, but compared to what Kawasaki uses, I'll bet on the vinyl. Especially if you factor in repairing small damage. Our paint is so thin, it's very difficult to repair without prepainting the piece. I can't do that in my garage.

Look at the delivery or service vehicles that have high quality wraps. They look pretty good. Even in Utah and our salt covered roads.

Reactions: Black Sheep

·
Premium Member
14,061 Posts
That's crazy. If you just started, on page 3, you could lie and say you had the green painted and you are using the black as an accent. In photos, it looks like paint.

·
Premium Member
14,061 Posts
I like the way you dealt with the middle fairing. The "Kawasaki" on your tank...about 2 inches under that, you wrapped it in black.

I almost had to glance over at my bike to see if my fairing had the same surface. Obviously, it does, but coloring it black made it stand out and added a whole different dimension to the look.

Reactions: Black Sheep
1 - 6 of 6 Posts