Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years Kawasaki has released many of their bikes with candy persimmon red accents. I really love this color and so does my dad. He was actually going to buy a z900 when they came out with the red and black scheme for this year but ended up on a n1k because of all the available goodies on the 2017+ n1k. Just for fun I sort of rough drafted a black and red setup to see what it would look like, and that was a bad idea cause now I might try to talk my dad into actually getting the parts painted. Let me know what you all think.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,899 Posts
Similar to the 2011 colors.....

Not that the resale value of these bikes matters, it pretty well sucks, but a non standard color usually means "crash and repair". What little value we have, tends to fall off if you repaint.

Do we all like that color because it reminds us of the original 900 Ninja? I think I do.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've thought of buying the side plastics and lower fairing and just doing it that way to keep the original fairings if he ever wanted to sell it. I'm a sucker for the color just cause it's a wonderful shade of red. The frame on my old ninja 650r was In CPR. Miss that bike sometimes.

Attachments

·
Registered
698 Posts
Kawasaki has made a habit of putting mismatched panels on the Ninja 1000 (and others, hello H2 SX SE!), to my eyes these bikes would look better with panels of a single color. Mix 'n' match screams salvage title!

If I were going to paint a Ninja 1000 red it would be the Candy Fire Red of the early Aprilia RST1000 Futuras. That color was INSANE in sunlight, how its panels would flash incandescent metallic highlights. Just incredible! It was a three or four layer finish and very expensive to produce, but it made Ducati red look like room temperature tomato soup.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Here's a shot of that candy fire red Futura. I think it had a gold metallic layer underneath the transparent red candy top. Which reminds me of buying a new Futura in 2002: the choice was between this crazy red and the matte grey which resembles a teflon frying pan. My girlfriend opined that while pretty, I might grow tired of that red. So, yeah I bought the teflon grey, but truth be told I got tired of that girl soon afterwards!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts