Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the Kawa Ninja 1000 2014 has unexpectedly turned up at the dealers and they are de-crating it right now. Green this time. No, no panniers thanks.
It's usually minus 20 F with windchill here so I am not riding it for a long time and that is for sure.
If they want the balance of the cash money, they need to truck me the bike (free) but they are reluctant

I have had a GSX R 1100 then four 1200 bandits with a 800cc VFR in the middle

By all accounts, this bike is perfect for someone with that history

I know I should have tried it first, or even sat on it - but it will be pleasant surprise - wont it.

Can't wait to give it some welly up to Northern Wisconsin then down the Mississippi valley in Western Wisconsin.

I know Wisconsin is the home of Harley, so I will feel like a missionary

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congrats on the N1000. I'm sure you'll love it. I have owned a few VFR's and they were great but a pain to work on. Especially the older ones with carbs. I'm originally from WI also. Born and raised but my military career has kept me from home for the past 16 years. Have fun with the new ride. You must be going crazy waiting for the ground to thaw.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I didn't know that was your introduction.

In that case:
Welcome to the newest and freshest N1K forum this side of the pond.

As a missionary, don't make the mistake of asking the natives what's for dinner?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't know that was your introduction.

In that case:
Welcome to the newest and freshest N1K forum this side of the pond.

As a missionary, don't make the mistake of asking the natives what's for dinner?
Wish you had told me earlier Tony. Posting on a certain FB page, I was limey pie within 2 posts. Simply saying that full face helmets make sense can have you swimming with the carrots and onions in no time in this here Milwaukee jungle. Good job the N1k will keep me way ahead of the cannibals/pirates. I feel the need to move the new bike from the warmth of the dealer's workshop to my freezing cold ice and salt infested garage. I know its not rational but think of all those customers sitting on my bike with their steel toecap boots..... !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts