1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Does the bike run cooler?

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
It looks cool, and would be awesome if we never used the front brakes. Our fairing sits too close to the front fender to use it.

Hopefully, its soft enough to flex when the fender hits it. If it's not, something else will have to flex .

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ya, Does it clear under hard front braking or does it touch? Also, can you please check and let me know how much cooler your bike is running?

Downforce - doesn't matter.Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It looks cool, and would be awesome if we never used the front brakes. Our fairing sits too close to the front fender to use it.

Hopefully, its soft enough to flex when the fender hits it. If it's not, something else will have to flex .
It won't, i have considered the fork travel and the clearance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya, Does it clear under hard front braking or does it touch? Also, can you please check and let me know how much cooler your bike is running?

Downforce - doesn't matter.Thanks
Yes clearance is considered, i measured the fork travel and clearance. Cooler is not significant, only when running in speed. Goes down to 60 degrees C.

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
I've had my fork , on the bike, with its springs out. When its compressed, 100% , there is about 3/4" of clearance between the front fender and fairing. As long as this piece is thinner than 3/4" , you'll be fine. If its thicker, it will hit.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks RC but if it doesn't help with cooling, I don't need it.

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
We dont have cooling problems that need to be helped, to be real honest. Anymore, the ecu manages that and the fan does what the ecu tells it to do.

I would do one , just for looks. They dont cost much, on ebay...serious. change left from a 20.00 like price, but we dont have room for it to sit there once you grab the brakes , hard.

Probably no big deal, under normal conditions.

·
Registered
756 Posts
The point is to LOOK cooler. And I agree, really nice work! But I view it as just more surfaces I'll have to clean the darn bugs out of. There's already too many creases and slots on the Ninja to clean out!

Reactions: agurudev

·
Registered
287 Posts
It does look nice, Ill give it that.

Here in India though, anything to help with the cooling always helps and looking for those all the time,

·
Registered
77 Posts
It does look nice, Ill give it that.

Here in India though, anything to help with the cooling always helps and looking for those all the time,
Compared to the 650R I had, the N1K seems to be much cooler... Sitting still in traffic with the engine running (which happens a lot here in Bengaluru) has toasted my legs and hamstrings... The N1K not so much.
The 650's fan would push all the hot air into onto the rider due to the fairing design.
@agurudev, what's causing your bike to run hot?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Of course it is cooler than the 650. It is warmer than the Z800, I am not complaining about the heat but I am saying I am always happy if it is running cooler.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Of course it is cooler than the 650. It is warmer than the Z800, I am not complaining about the heat but I am saying I am always happy if it is running cooler.
This helps me as well. I put some heat shields on those vital parts of the fairings... Helps me a lot in Hot traffic in Manila. See pics...

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
My concours 14 was the best hot weather bike. It ran hot, really hot.

It also ducted, or channeled the heat right to your balls. I remember pulling over and google searching, "Can gasoline get hot enough to blow up?" And " man loses balls in gas tank fire". An ecu reflash helped that bike more than I believed. The fan comes in , earlier, but it also addressed the reason it ran so hot.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My concours 14 was the best hot weather bike. It ran hot, really hot.

It also ducted, or channeled the heat right to your balls. I remember pulling over and google searching, "Can gasoline get hot enough to blow up?" And " man loses balls in gas tank fire". An ecu reflash helped that bike more than I believed. The fan comes in , earlier, but it also addressed the reason it ran so hot.
True, my Ninja was Reflashed and tuned for our climate as well. 👍🏻

·
Registered
287 Posts
The hottest bike I have ridden was the Ducati Scrambler. If you stopped at a light, you had to stand up and spread your legs apart to stop getting roasted. My friends circle jokingly calls it the Tandoori Thighs bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts