1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Looks great

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
Buy a bunch of windshields. You really can never own too many. My venom is for the 80plus degree days. Puig from 60-80. V stream touring for the cold.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been giving that one a long hard look lately. Looks really nice without those ugly cutouts for the mirrors like the Puig has.
I agree 100% and I like the indent I think it matches with the "V" in between the headlights. Trust me I've pondered and looked at every possible windscreen before deciding on this one

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
These are a nice shield. Mine was semi-poor quality, but the shape was great. VERY small, great for summer. For all other use, or touring, the Puig is a better choice.

Hotbodies had the clear version on sale for 39.00 a while back. Still, its only 69.00 now, and they offer a 25.00 coupon on the first order. Order directly form them. Almost pointless to get the black one. The clear is dirt cheap. Its so small, color is not an issue.

http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/product/kawasaki-ninja-1000-2012-15-windscreen/

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
OK guys I'm in,,,,,on the Venom, just ordered,.

Ive already bought the Dark Smoke Zero Gravity double bubble and cant say its any better then the OEM and I don't really like the look, its very dark,. I still wouldn't mind getting something that feels a bit better for cruising at higher speed but before I shell out any more cash I will have to be convinced what I'm buying will be a certified improvement,,.

I'm hoping the smoke Venom will be lighter then the dark smoke Zero,,.
Attached photos are of the Zero Gravity,.

Re Lag

Attachments

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
It sounds like the Venom is at or near the top for appearance on the N1K,,.
At the end of the day this Venom from Hot Bodies may likely be the windscreen that spends the most time on the bike as I'm not much of a long haul cruiser,,.

The bike been around for five years,,,. "All appearances aside" Is there a definitive or clear favorite windscreen choice for air flow and freeway buffeting and
longer distance cruising,,.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
The puig is mentioned a lot for its overall performance. I've tried several and keep coming back to it as my favorite.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
I've had the stock, VStream and now the Venom. My favorite by far is the Venom. The VStream had a TON of buffeting for me at any position other than the lowest one. The Venom is ok at higher positions but I've honestly kept it at the lowest for 99% of the time. I didn't get this bike for its wind protection abilities. I actually like having the wind hitting me right at the top of my chest. I feel like it pushes me back enough to take strain off my wrists (which both have had tendonitis since I was 17).

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
My thoughts are that the N1K with the stock and the Zero Gravity DB are the same, with speeds over 70 MPH,. Some times excellent in the high position and sometimes inconsistent buffeting that can be quite bothersome, quite bad in busier freeway traffic with a minor cross wind,. When I first got the N1K I swore the higher position was a major improvement, but am less sure now,. I thought the 2011 650R with its fixed lower windscreen wasn't necessarily better but i don't remember it being as inconsistent,,. Perhaps that's the effect that the lower Venom is yielding,,.

Also inconsistent are the reviews on the many screens,,. The majority of reviewers will say all the screens are a great improvement over the stock screen and then the odd reviewer disagrees totally with that observations, and hates the same screen,,. I recently seen someone wanted to trade the Venom for the Zero Gravity,,. The exact opposite of what I'm doing,,.

I bought the Zero Gravity based on positive reviews however I think it performs similar to the OEM,,.

I bought the Venom for appearance reasons and will see how it stacks up with the other two,,.

I will look at the so called Popes Hat or some such thing if its a cut and dried improvement,,,,,,just for a longer rides and leave the Venom on the rest of the time

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Put the Venom Dark smoke on the Black Ninja,,,. I agree, it looks better then the OEM and the Zero Gravity,,. Quality is not quite up to par with the Zero and the OEM is far better quality then both with rolled edges and reinforced screw holes,,,
Looks great and probable will be my go to windshield for daily and short rides,,.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
Lag, I think the reviews are accurate, based on what one specific person desires, and their height.

You have to figure a different experience behind them if I am 5'5" and you are 6'5", and I believe thats where the inconsistencies come from.

Aslo, if a specific helmet and screen are noisy, the same would be true.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts