Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Are there any tall riders here? I am 6"3' (193cm). I have a 2020 model and I am looking for a good windshield. I often ride 1 to 2 hours on the highway. But it should not look too touring.

Are there any suggestions or experiences from tall riders?
And are there some who have also adjusted the footpegs for the legs?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey! I'm 6'4" and use the OEM tall windshield. It's pretty good I think. I usually keep it in the number 3 setting unless I'm planning something longer distance, then I move it up to the number 4 spot. It's honestly been really nice. I get a little bit of wind on my helmet, but nothing on my body or hands. It's got little winglet things that move air away from the grips. Bit of a double-edged sword, as it's nice in the cold months, but not so much in the warm ones.

·
Registered
2017 N1K , risers, v stream screen, Black Widow full exhaust,.. lowered pegs. Led turns,..tail tidy
62 Posts
Hello,
Are there any tall riders here? I am 6"3' (193cm). I have a 2020 model and I am looking for a good windshield. I often ride 1 to 2 hours on the highway. But it should not look too touring.

Im 6'1" 205 , 35" waist, these pictures are the only way to go if you enjoy fast sustained speeds as I do, 75+...
I rode 3000 miles in 6 days on the black Connie, Fl. to the Ozarks and back, very large V stream screen, (the highest) with the top adjustable foil.
we averaged 88 miles an hour for over 1500 of those miles...had to have this screen setup.
I'm getting ready to go up to the Blue Ridge mountains in a few weeks...on the green '17 N1K (.highest V stream screen) will do 1800 miles or so
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle
up and 500 miles up and then back
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
...80+ mph for as long as possible to get up to the mountains,
wind is thrown up to the top of my helmet...perfect. You'll have to experiment a bit with the top foil, get it cheap from aliexpress, china...
I have the 1" inch lowered pegs too....setup is great for me...I lean max and Very rarely touch...
Just get the highest V stream for a '20...they make it...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im 6'1" 205 , 35" waist, these pictures are the only way to go if you enjoy fast sustained speeds as I do, 75+...
I rode 3000 miles in 6 days on the black Connie, Fl. to the Ozarks and back, very large V stream screen, (the highest) with the top adjustable foil.
we averaged 88 miles an hour for over 1500 of those miles...had to have this screen setup.
I'm getting ready to go up to the Blue Ridge mountains in a few weeks...on the green '17 N1K (.highest V stream screen) will do 1800 miles or so View attachment 34089 up and 500 miles up and then back View attachment 34090 ...80+ mph for as long as possible to get up to the mountains,
wind is thrown up to the top of my helmet...perfect. You'll have to experiment a bit with the top foil, get it cheap from aliexpress, china...
I have the 1" inch lowered pegs too....setup is great for me...I lean max and Very rarely touch...
Just get the highest V stream for a '20...they make it...
Thank you for this detailed response. From the looks of it, this will indeed do the job but I'm afraid it won't fit around the 2020 model. I have already read this on other posts :/

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thank you for this detailed response. From the looks of it, this will indeed do the job but I'm afraid it won't fit around the 2020 model. I have already read this on other posts :/
Looking at National Cycle's website, the model N20123 fits the 2020 (2017 and up) Ninja 1000. I would note that there seems to frequently be confusion on parts websites about what our bikes are called (Ninja 1000, Z1000, Z1000SX) which might be part of the problem, or just some websites never bothered to update their listings to reflect new model years of the bike.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looking at National Cycle's website, the model N20123 fits the 2020 (2017 and up) Ninja 1000. I would note that there seems to frequently be confusion on parts websites about what our bikes are called (Ninja 1000, Z1000, Z1000SX) which might be part of the problem, or just some websites never bothered to update their listings to reflect new model years of the bike.
Model N20123 must be new because when I contacted V-stream back in October 2021 they explicitly stated their tour screen did not fit the 2020+ bikes and couldn't give me a date when they would have one that fit the 2020+ bikes.

I'm 6'1" and have the CalSci Tour Screen. Even at 23.5 inches (60 cm) screen height, my helmet is still mostly above the top of the screen (at the most upright setting). I had to put a screen extender on top of the CalSci screen. I don't mind the wind buffeting on my helmet, my major issue is wind noise at highway speed and the extender helps reduce that. The tour screen + extender are ugly as hell but it does the job.

V-Stream Model N20123 is 22.5 inches screen height so 1 inch shorter than the 23.5 inch CalSci screen.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello,

Yes, I have same problem with long legs. I adjusted the footpegs down and a bit forward because my legs were too cramped. Also raised the handle bars so I wasn't so crouched. Search this site 'footpeg lowering' and 'handlebar risers' or similar for great suggestions and opinions.

I also went full-on hillbilly and made an extension onto the OEM frame sliders to stretch my legs forward (yes I know it's laughable but it was essentially free). Gives me enough relieve so I don't have to stop every 45 minutes when my legs cramp. The frame sliders alone weren't wide enough and these are easy to put on and take off.

I need to find reasonably priced engine cages that I can attach highway pegs to but have not found a solution yet.

Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
37 Posts
Yes, I have same problem with long legs. I adjusted the footpegs down and a bit forward because my legs were too cramped. Also raised the handle bars so I wasn't so crouched. Search this site 'footpeg lowering' and 'handlebar risers' or similar for great suggestions and opinions.

I also went full-on hillbilly and made an extension onto the OEM frame sliders to stretch my legs forward (yes I know it's laughable but it was essentially free). Gives me enough relieve so I don't have to stop every 45 minutes when my legs cramp. The frame sliders alone weren't wide enough and these are easy to put on and take off.

I need to find reasonably priced engine cages that I can attach highway pegs to but have not found a solution yet.

View attachment 34092
That winglet must provide you with an extra 5 to 10 MPH right? ;) 😎🐸

·
Premium Member
1,691 Posts
V-Stream tall. I guess they make one for the 2020, not sure. That's what I use in the winter, switch to the Puig in the summer.
+1 Exactly what I do. + I add a little wing at the top.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts