Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
The windscreens from 2011-2019 will all fit the 2020. 2011-2016 will have 2 extra holes but the outer 4 holes will line up fine. I put a couple of spare screws/nuts in the extra holes.

·
Registered
'20 Kawasaki 1000SX, '18 KTM Super Duke R, '16 Yamaha FJR1300ES
147 Posts
Does anyone like the Kawasaki accessory large screen?

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
I went with the Vstream Tour (tall) but notice I also have a Puig for my summertime jaunts. I've found the Vstream Tour gives me a bit too much quiet air in the heat. I also have one of the clip on foils someone suggested. You can find them on eBay for <$20.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Did you go with the Sport/Tour version or the full-sized Touring model?
The were 3 models. I went with the midsize one, that is about 4 inches taller than the one that came on my bike. The windshield setting/position that is one click below that tallest setting on the bike, gave me the best wind protection. With the tallest position, there was a little too much buffeting, I felt, at high speed. But its a significant improvement over stock. It was around $150. That and a Corbin seat, and the bike is about perfect for me

·
Registered
3 Posts
I emailed VStream about compatibility of the 2017-19 Touring Windscreen N20123 with the 2020/21 Ninja 10000SX. Here is the response: "The VStream windshields that we offer will not for the 2021 Ninja 1000SX models. We don't have a projected eta date for shields for the new Ninja 1000Sx models at this time."

Has anyone fit the VStream Touring windscreen on a 2020/2021 Ninja 10000SX?

The windscreens from 2011-2019 will all fit the 2020. 2011-2016 will have 2 extra holes but the outer 4 holes will line up fine. I put a couple of spare screws/nuts in the extra holes.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have sent my stock screen to a company here in Australia for them to make a mould for the 2020/21 - They produces screens normally in several lengths and in what ever color you choose. So you order what you want from them. Should be a couple more weeks now until I get my screen and can let you know.

Font Slope Parallel Art Pattern

·
Registered
3 Posts
I emailed VStream about compatibility of the 2017-19 Touring Windscreen N20123 with the 2020/21 Ninja 10000SX. Here is the response: "The VStream windshields that we offer will not for the 2021 Ninja 1000SX models. We don't have a projected eta date for shields for the new Ninja 1000Sx models at this time."

Has anyone fit the VStream Touring windscreen on a 2020/2021 Ninja 10000SX?
Another update from VStream about the touring windscreen: "We have tested this shield (N20123 ) on the 2020 and 2021 models. While the shield can be installed, the shield will not allow full adjustment to the high positions. When the shield is adjusted it will hit the body work.

We are working on a redesign to allow the fill adjustment of the shield."

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought this:

Cheap and works pretty well. Haven't taken it for long distance/high speeds yet, but better wind protection than stock and looks better, imho.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
168 Posts
I have sent my stock screen to a company here in Australia for them to make a mould for the 2020/21 - They produces screens normally in several lengths and in what ever color you choose. So you order what you want from them. Should be a couple more weeks now until I get my screen and can let you know.
Hey Minlak, thanks for posting that. What model(size)/colour/thickness did you choose? Any particular reason for each choice?

Much appreciated if you could give us an update (including pics of original and this side by side, during installation, and after).

What do you reckon are the Pros/Cons of the 3.0mm v 4.0mm thickness?
I'm thinking Double Bubble/Tahitian Green or Light Tint/4.0mm

Reactions: Minlak

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hey Minlak, thanks for posting that. What model(size)/colour/thickness did you choose? Any particular reason for each choice?

Much appreciated if you could give us an update (including pics of original and this side by side, during installation, and after).

What do you reckon are the Pros/Cons of the 3.0mm v 4.0mm thickness?
I'm thinking Double Bubble/Tahitian Green or Light Tint/4.0mm
I am going the 4mm as I am going to go the 545mm Touring ( Because the 500mm and 545mm are the same "Shape" so I will cut some off I can :) ). I just went dark smoke as I like the black ish look against my bike. I thought about double bubble but the Puig screen I have now is 440mm and I am hoping to get the wind over the top of the helmet instead of straight on it.

·
Premium Member
13,536 Posts
I bought this:

Cheap and works pretty well. Haven't taken it for long distance/high speeds yet, but better wind protection than stock and looks better, imho.

That is a Puig replica if I've ever seen one. I wish they had a clear version. I would order one. Everyone should order one of thise, for the collection. It's a good, all around shield.

With any aftermarket shield you need to watch out for sun damage. This was fairly common on the concours 14. If the shield had polished edges, it was worse. If the ain hit them, at the perfect angle, it refracted the light , and heat, right down at the instrument plastic.

I dont believe this woukd be much of an issue, on this bike. The speedometer is sort-of buried in the fairing. The c14 has it much more exposed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts