Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2012 ninja abs i just bought has a new set of battle axe 16 the dealer put on, will these do untill i need some more, or are they an area of concern, just dont want the bike to slide out from under me and i dont want to toss new tires if not necessary thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just for information................

"The Bridgestone Battlax BT016 Pro Hypersport motorcycle tires multi-compound technology derived from Moto GP, delivers the grip performance demanded in every aspect – braking, maximum side grip in cornering, and strong traction at the exit of a corner. Comprehensive Tire Design Method is an advanced tire design technology that enables dynamic, three-dimensional simulations of tire performance at all lean angles. High Tensile Super Penetrated Cord – Mono Spiral Belt technology in the front and rear tires provide a rich contact feel, strong grip and high-speed stability.
The rear motorcycle tires L shaped grooves enhance shock absorption and rear-end steering. Groove location across tread center area provides both wet performance and strong traction. High speed durability is also maximized.
Rear motorcycle tire features a new triple compound (5LC). The center compound offers good stability, the shoulder compound transfers power to the road with strong traction while the edge compound offers strong side grip and solid contact feeling at extreme lean angles"

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess that means they ought to be fine then, i dont know if these were a factory tire put on some new bikes and if anybody that had those tires on them and thought they was sufficent, thanks for the info

·
Registered
11,228 Posts
The aftermarket brigestones are worlds different than the originals, and decent tires. I dont know if Id grab one over a Michelin, but it sure beats a shinko or such.

I did run a set of the bto 16 pro tires. I did not care for them much, but its not as if its dangerous. Id for sure run a set that was brand new and not think twice about it.

Yes, I would imagine a Brigestone ad has good things to say about them.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I went to Michelins because they lasted longer,Bridgestones are a good tire ,am sure they would not fail you.Also Michelins in one comprehensive test appears to have been the best of a bunch.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The BT 016's are fine tires. A bit dated by some of the new stuff out but I have used them repeatedly with success. They won't last as long as the Pilot Road 3/4 nor the Pirrelli Angel GT's but grip is fine.

I have used them as a trackday tire on my Hypermotard.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies makes me feel the tires will do for now, fingers crossed as i might get to ride the ninja this weekend as the snow is gone and there calling for it to be in the 60,s

1 - 7 of 7 Posts