Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Kawasaki 1000SX, '18 KTM Super Duke R, '16 Yamaha FJR1300ES
64 Posts
Well, there is not much to look at in Central Texas especially during summer and a heat wave. But I rode 300 miles yesterday and it beat the hell out of watching tv and surfing the net, too much of both during the damn quarantine. And the brewery is still shutdown to the public, if masks work open everything.

View attachment 29701

View attachment 29702
If you haven't already, check out FM 3090 near Navasota between Hwy 6 and FM 244--nice twisty road.

·
Registered
65 Posts
As the header states talk about your ride, was it solo... with buddies or maybe even more special and with a loved one..... or two. I find very little bike related today more interesting then reading about someones adventure. It sparks the imagination and gives ideas.

So short or long with details or with out... let's have them.
As usual, I am late to a conversation. But this seemed like an appropriate place for this...
Sometimes we have such a great ride, we feel the need to share that experience. If you’re expecting a BIG MOMENT in this story – there isn’t one. It is simply about why we ride: something you already know.
It would have been a beautiful day for bicycling too, but our new Tiger is past due for break-in maintenance and I needed supplies to get that done. Belle Plaine Motorsports has been incredibly helpful shipping us whatever we need, but with the holiday weekend upon us, I wanted to get that going right now. “They close at noon today” she said. With a fuel stop, it is about a two hour ride up there so we had to hustle. We left the Tiger parked and rode our solo bikes: she on her Vulcan and me on my Ninja.
We get about three perfect-weather days a year in Minnesota, and yesterday was one of them. Cool, dry air, blue sky, no wind. It was glorious. The zig-zag route is mostly county roads through farm country. Lots of stop signs and round-a-bouts. I don’t know, maybe a P.I.A. on a Vulcan. On a Ninja it is a perfect opportunity to twist the throttle, run up and down the gearbox, and let it do its thing through the sweepers and esses. (I love that thing!)
As planned we got up there with about a half hour to spare. We didn’t have to ask. Upon seeing us, Mike kitted up what we needed and printed out a maintenance checklist for us. Cool.
No longer a hostage of the clock, it was time to chill. We headed toward downtown Belle Plaine to grab some lunch. Annie’s Café has a sign, but doesn’t need one. The smell coming from the kitchen draws you in. And yes, everything tasted as good as it smelled.
The long way home seems short when things are good. Such was the case yesterday.

·
Registered
2018 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
333 Posts
Did a short overnight ride to a place called "Coorg". It was rain filled ride but beautiful. Some pics.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Rode to Nickajack lake and back today in middle TN. About a 140 mile round trip. High temps in the 70s and lows in the 50s for at least through the weekend. Perfect riding weather IMO.

Reactions: Avintage69
141 - 146 of 146 Posts