Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would start a thread given many places still in lockdown and can't ride too far from home.

When lockdown ends, I will be riding too......

I will be going for a ride up the Old Pacific Hwy, yes plenty of cops around there, but geez I miss being able to ride on that road and stop at the cafe up at Mt White (Old Road Warriors Cafe).

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1K
603 Posts
When lock-down ends, I hope to get one more leg of my Butt Lite Grand Tour rally completed before the 15-November end date.

I'm now leaning towards Sydney, Gunning, Tumut, Wagga, Young, Sydney. An easy & enjoyable 3 days + 2 nights, but that depends on Gladys lets us travel out of the Great Sydney region.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wake up, my Ninja warrior friends, this flu-based (exacerbated by 5G cell phone frequencies) propaganda is not going away. It's all about scaring people into taking the shots that will destroy immune systems just like the WHO that gave Africans AIDs in the 1970's. 4 African nation presidents refused to implement restrictions and were assasinated last year.
How bad are the NAZI-police there about this nonsense? Will they arrest you if you ignore the mandates? I've heard that this crap is much worse in the Commonwealth states like Canada, New Zealand and your previously wonderful country. Ashame they took your guns so now they can do this to you! The mandates, hysteria and compliance vary dramatically from state to state here with the midwest being the most awake in seeing the genocidal tyranny.

·
Registered
447 Posts
At this point does your government have a plan to end the lockdown? And would that include of of the country or just certain parts?

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1K
603 Posts
At this point does your government have a plan to end the lockdown? And would that include of of the country or just certain parts?
It is a complex problem. Our Federal Govt has stated that a State's International borders may open when the State reaches >80% of the adult population ( >16 years old) having received 2 shots of vaccine.

State based restrictions are decided by each State Govt. Most States have stated that they will lift intra-state restrictions at >70% double shot and will open their State borders at >80% double shot. However 2 States have said that they will hold out for a much higher level >90% double shot and will not open their State borders before then.

My State, New South Wales, is at ~81% single shot and our State based restriction are just now slowly being relaxed. NSW should reach >80% double shot within 30 days, which means our State borders and our International border will open.

That means we may soon have a farcical situation that a NSW citizen will be able to travel outside Australia but will be barred from traveling to some other Australia States. A High Court challenge is on the cards as this contravenes our Constitution.

One thing that the NSW Govt has said, that once we reach >80% double shot, and shops, cafes & pubs/bars open up, we will need a Vaccination Passport to access those facilities.

I know that would not work in the USA, but with the exception of the "tin-foil hat" brigade here ( in Oz ), not too many people are overly concerned.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX SE
91 Posts
Been a week of mild mornings and warm day's here in SE Qld Clear Blue skies and 30km/hr winds from down South.
I am a lost cause I suspect, the SV650 bike has only hit the road just once. Just other things to do before Summer hits next week.

Queensland, Beautiful one day, Perfect the Next. Covid contained, no current Lockdown, but that timeline is very fragile.
Could all go pair shaped overnight, only takes one infected person seeding the virus here and there.

The viewpoint from mostly Covid free Qld'ers outside the Gold Coast is why continue to open the borders to the Tweed when Sydney gets to 80%. The 'bubble' will pop closed on the same day.
Victoria will do the same with an Albury/Wodonga bubble. ACT probably the same.
NSW Gov seems to forget that it doesn't speak for all Aussies. The Nat Cabinet decision was when the last State reached 80% effective vac, then all the borders open up.

What Premier Gladys wants is great for her economy, but doesn't help those whose jab's were injected the day of the 80%. It needs 2 to 3 weeks to fully work it's magic.
My view is the 90% being double dosed, as that help's a lot more of the stragglers to the 80+% mark get over the line.
The last 10 -15% won't take it ever. They get the Hospital ER Room trip if they get it bad.

Rob.

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1K
603 Posts
Before we got side-tracked into what our various State Govt seem the think is the "right" covid response. . . . . the OP originally asked,

When lockdown ends, I will be riding to...... I should have said . . . as far from home as I can legally do so. Along the way, I will not give a lot of thought to what is happening beyond my State borders.

QLD is about 850 km north of Sydney & VIC is about 650 km south of Sydney. All up, NSW is about 15% larger than Texas USA, so there is more than enough room for me to ride for days on end, without ever have to visit QLD and/or VIC again.

As of today's date NSW vaccination rate is 81% single / 50% double, while QLD is 58% single / 40% double. WA is about the same as QLD. It will be a very long time for all the States to get to >80% !

Covid-delta is unstoppable. Every States / City / Town will get it sooner or later and some State Govt will really struggle to manage that situation.

Every person, will also get it sooner or later. If you are vaccinated, and had your booster shot in 2022, then your sickness will be reduced, just like the annual 'flu, but if you are not vaccinated, or have under-lying health issues, then I senserly hope and pray that your ICU is not swamped.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The right response to the yearly flu is for the gooberment to do nothing. The only thing difference now is the 5G cell phone frequencies interfere with our hemoglobin's ability to uptake oxygen. That's why the flu is worse in some areas.

Sad about the shot rates (they are NOT vaccinations) which means you will see those people die in your lifetime, unless you too have taken the genocidal experiment. If you have, I am compiling a list of things that will help you remove the graphene oxide and spiked proteins.

No, these shots will not "reduce your sickness", but will due to pathogenic priming, "increase your sickness". Israel is the most 'vaccinated' and now has the highest GOVDID rate. pay attention to who gets what. Just like all those foolish people who took flu shots got the flu and got it badly (GOVDID).

No some of us will never take the poison.

·
Registered
2016 Ninja
166 Posts
When lockdown ends, I won't have to have the thought at the back of my head, "If I'm in an accident, what's the nearest hospital's bed availability?" We're at 90-100% ICU capacity in all four hospitals within 100 miles. Let the idiots die and treat the heart attacks, strokes, and other emergency problems not brought on by a lack of reading comprehension and logic.

Reactions: Sweaty

·
Registered
89 Posts
Been a week of mild mornings and warm day's here in SE Qld Clear Blue skies and 30km/hr winds from down South.
I am a lost cause I suspect, the SV650 bike has only hit the road just once. Just other things to do before Summer hits next week.

Rob.
Ummm Summer is 2 mths away yet :) - Although SE QLD gets everything first so maybe the seasons are earlier down there too? :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You live in Australia, come on man, get that bike out on the road.

When I see the folk from the northern hemisphere say "I am winterising my bike/boat" etc etc, I remember how lucky we are here. Now get the gear on and go for a ride....

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
150 Posts
When lock-down ends, I hope to get one more leg of my Butt Lite Grand Tour rally completed before the 15-November end date.

I'm now leaning towards Sydney, Gunning, Tumut, Wagga, Young, Sydney. An easy & enjoyable 3 days + 2 nights, but that depends on Gladys lets us travel out of the Great Sydney region.
Which way would you be looking to go between Gunning and Tumut?
Am asking as I've been on most of the roads between. A number of good options available.

You've planted a seed, a great ride for me after lockdowns will be a loop from Canberra to Gunning (there is a great back road via Gundaroo), then to Tumut (lots of good pubs/accommodation), across to Wagga (again there's good alternative roads), up to Young (have done a couple of rides through Junee and Coota) and then choose which way back home (again some great alternatives).

If the stars align I would be happy to meet up with you somewhere along your Lite GT for a few klms.

Cheers
ps - I see the Seagles have flogged the Rooters

Reactions: Murphyau

·
Registered
A Black 2019 N1K
603 Posts
As I am now a "retired gentleman", my rides are all mid-week affairs, but you are most welcome to tag along if the "stars align".
Here is the original route, but I may need to re-think it post-covid lock down.

Map Ecoregion World Atlas Parallel

·
Registered
4 Posts
I concur with Dudley and can not wait to get on the old pacific hwy. Had my bike for 13 weeks purchased new. The last 12 in lockdown. Such is life.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts