Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have decided to make my own chock and decided to share. Researched designs and came up with this one. It works great although it's not 100% completed, it's going to be part of a new bike shed i am planning to make...

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We don't have a closed garage and my bike is parked in a temporary shed. It's getting very dusty all the time plus we have very hot weather here. The plan is to make it compact and portable. Even when we enlarge and close up our carport i would still be able to use the bike shed :)

·
Premium Member
15,059 Posts
I like the idea. I wish I had a place for something similar. I know bikes only take the space you mention, but if it's setting in a garage, you have to add another meter, or more, to each measurement. If you don't, something can fall on it, or brush up against it . Once you do that, it's taking up as much space as a car.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Many talented folks on this forum. Very nice!

·
Premium Member
15,059 Posts
I would make his box about 6ft longer and move in. Call it aa mini house.

We need a web site where it features parts or tools that people have scratch built, based around motorcycles.

·
Premium Member
15,059 Posts
What's wrong? It's not even fair, to you, to say that about chock version 1.

I doubt you were following a formal plan and messed up. I'm sure you thought about this and had to try and create a though. That rarely goes perfectly well the first time.

Your workmanship is amazing even if it didn't go exactly as planned. If I were writing that book, this project would be in it.

I would feature it right before the custom screwdriver section. How many of us have custom screwdrivers that were built for one specific job? I have several.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The chock when used on the ground works fine...but adding the wheels for use as part of the shed required modification and no longer good for out of shed operation. I could have just made a chock that worked with the shed frame using guides etc. But like you said its v1. If i were to ever make another one then it would look and work much different. End of the day i needed a compact shed for my bike and hopefully i will have this one done soon :)

·
Premium Member
15,059 Posts
I like the security of it, too. The hidden, inner bolts. Also, unless you knew what was inside, it might just hold a lawnmower or garden tools.

Then there's the quality of your metal work. Something tells me you don't do metal work at just a hobby level.

I keep wanting this book, or web site of cool motorcycle things and never do a thing to create it. I'm saving your picture in my newly created "cool motorcycle things folder." It will never happen unless I start saving pictures.

·
Premium Member
15,059 Posts
His metal work is unreal. New one, did you ever look at the Baxley chock? With your skills, I think you could make your version of the part that pinches the wheel.

It's fun to ride in to the Baxley chock. You can be at an angle and it still grabs the wheel and centers the bike. You don't even put your feet down. It pinches as it pivots. You end up with a very small hill to roll into and the bike is very easy to roll backwards when you remove it.

·
Registered
2017 N1K IVANS FLASH
222 Posts
His metal work is unreal. New one, did you ever look at the Baxley chock? With your skills, I think you could make your version of the part that pinches the wheel.

It's fun to ride in to the Baxley chock. You can be at an angle and it still grabs the wheel and centers the bike. You don't even put your feet down. It pinches as it pivots. You end up with a very small hill to roll into and the bike is very easy to roll backwards when you remove it.

I have the Harbor Freight Wheel Chock...It's okay for Harbor Freight I guess?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts