Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would probably start with changing out the mirrors since that is pretty easy and not too expensive. After that I'd be looking to get a different exhaust pipe. One that is a bit longer and less stubby. Something that has a bit more personality.

Not too sure after that. I have to get a better look at the Ninja 1000 before I can say for sure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yea the simpler tail end is a great move. Looks far better than the original. I've got some artist friends so maybe i'll ask them if they would know how to put some cool art work onto the bike. No big plans at the moment though. Got to get it into my garage first, you know.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yea the simpler tail end is a great move. Looks far better than the original. I've got some artist friends so maybe i'll ask them if they would know how to put some cool art work onto the bike. No big plans at the moment though. Got to get it into my garage first, you know.
best way to start with that is going to a shop that wraps vehicles with vinyl, see what they can do and what sort of art they can put on your bike.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd be interested in getting rid of the Ninjas passenger seat. I've been looking at race fairings for the ZX10R. I'm almost positive they'll bolt right up without too much issue

you can find whole sets on ebay for a couple hundred bucks. The only one I couldn't use is obviously the top fairing as I will still need headlamps ;) Seat might not be too comfy but thats what gel is for ;)

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'd be interested in getting rid of the Ninjas passenger seat. I've been looking at race fairings for the ZX10R. I'm almost positive they'll bolt right up without too much issue

you can find whole sets on ebay for a couple hundred bucks. The only one I couldn't use is obviously the top fairing as I will still need headlamps ;) Seat might not be too comfy but thats what gel is for ;)
most of us don't even need the passenger seat, so might as well give it up for a better looking Ninja 1000!

·
Registered
166 Posts
probably get a more comfortable seat as well. don't even have to sit on it to know the stock seat probably sucks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sargent makes one of the best seats for the Ninja 1000..

the passenger bit is sold separate so its perfect for my single seat conversion project. Sells for $280.00

·
Registered
210 Posts
they didn't have the option to not part the rider and passenger seat, not everyone will want the passenger seat, especially for a bike like this. It would be a waste and piss people off as they'll be paying for something that starts collecting dust the day the pick it up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered the oem color matched hard bags - negotiated a great deal with purchase of the bike and got a great discount on an Arai full face helmet too. I bought an Alpinestars Jaws Ventilated jacket and Alpinestars smx-1 low riding boots.

My first bike accessory was a simple tank protector.
My first "real" modification: ordered a new seat from Sargent.

Honestly, the biggest upgrade the bike needs right now is an UPGRADE TO MY SKILLS!
I registered for a Total Control Advanced Rider Course 1 & 2 scheduled for 05/17 & 05/18.
I am going through the book and learned how to pre-load the shifter to allow clutch-less up-shifts today.
I am having a ton of fun learning.

I have my eye on some Sato sliders and some luggage for touring - 2 stacking bags - lay across the passenger seat - adds 65L storage for long trips.

·
Registered
11,240 Posts
Tires are way up on the list. Wear out the stockers first, though. Doing so will make it feel like you got a new bike all over gain. .Seat is a good first one..but, if at all possible.......Now, beforeI say this, I know its expensive, but this bike needs suspension help. I think the 14 is better, but it still cannot be "right".

Traxxion Dynamics can rebuild the stock shock and make it very nice. New spring and valving. Do the forks, if possible. Again, I hear the 14 is better, so maybe its nto as high of a priority. But the earlier bikes, for sure.

Ivans remap of the ecu is a major change for the good. I'm not sure if he's doing the 14 yet.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Of course !! I'll be riding mine home from the dealer (just over 100 miles) on Tuesday.

After that, I don't know what farkles I'll add yet. Maybe change sprocket for more relaxed highway ride (I'm old, my need for speed is somewhat diminished). Thinking of auxillary lights for visibility and night riding -- I hear the stock headlight is not too great.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice enough weather on Sunday to actually dig the bike out and go for a ride with the new windscreen on and it blocks the wind alot better than stock. New PIAA Extreme White Lights installed and cut off the fender just above the bottom of the plate till fender eliminator can be added.
Next are frame sliders.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts