Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent comment by cowasakee made me wonder about this. Seems that there are various dealers around that are not ordering 2014s from Kawasaki, or at least, not ordering Ninja 1000s.
A few of the "local" dealers around me pretty much brushed me off when I inquired when or if they'd be getting 2014 Ninja 1000s. I was told straight out by one that he was pissed at Kawasaki's floorplanning, and would not be ordering anything except 4-wheelers from Kawasaki this year. It became pretty obvious at two other dealers that they were not likely to get 2014 Ninja 1000s.
What's the deal? These bikes seem to be selling out whenever dealers get them in. The dealer I bought from claims he sold three in about one month. He had just uncrated mine when I saw it and bought it.

·
Registered
10,709 Posts
Very common in my area, too. Why order what is not already sold? Uh......
You and I are the dummies...Dealer ordered in no 2013's, and sold none, thus making them right about the 14.

Guys like you and I walk in, see no 2014 Ninja, and leave. We should be willing to order it in....oh wait, if we order, we can go out of state and save thousands.....hum....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, one of the local dealers always bitches to me about people who go far from their local dealer to save money. He can't figure that out. Oh, yeah, he charges MSRP for bikes that are two model years old -- not to mention the gouging on dealer prep, doc fees, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts