Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on my insurance that there's a 2014 ninja LE and a ninja ME. I figure the LE is limited edition but when I google it shows the same bike?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Obviously, one model will be more money per year...Oh yea, just happens to be the one model YOU bought!

Seriously, paint color?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Model ID?

It seems confusing at times which model ID is correct.

The owners manual prominently says ZX1000LE and ZX1000ME on its rear cover.

On page 24 in the owners manual at specification--Curb Mass it is described--ZX1000L and ZX1000M

The bike frame id tag below the steering head says ZX1000M.

The sticker on the rear fender says ZX1000ME.

I believe the correct model ID is ZX1000ME

What this shows is how bored I am at this moment to look this stuff up.....:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
My $20k BMW R1200GS was 25% cheaper to insure than my $11k Ninja! And that was full comprehensive cover! Ninja riders must be in a really bad hi risk group - hp is almost the same on both bikes.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Put the word Ninja to an insurance agent & watch the rates skyrocket!!! I'm almost 70 & couldn't afford comprehensive insurance on my '14 N1K. **** squids riding & crashing like maniacs drive up rates for all of us.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ummm. Mine went down. My bike got 400cc's bigger and 11 years newer, and it dropped $100 per year.

For the record, I'm 44 with a few speeding tickets, no crash claims. Probably helps that I've had bike insurance with Progressive since '85 without a claim, though and have my car through them as well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use progressive. They quoted me $1200./yr. My Hypermotard was less. Explanation- thats what the computer says. (??) I went to geico and got full coverage for $650./yr. So it pays to shop arround.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts