Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to admit reentering the biking market was quite challenging for me to take a decision on what bike to go for. I settled with the N1K an am super happy with it. Prepared the wife though that one motorbike rarely comes alone. Give it a year or so and I foresee a cafe racer to make it to my garage, for the quick fun ride to the bakery or to the lake.

Now then, I would be interested to read what my fellow N1K riders have in their garage as a second (or first) motorbike.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have to admit reentering the biking market was quite challenging for me to take a decision on what bike to go for. I settled with the N1K an am super happy with it. Prepared the wife though that one motorbike rarely comes alone. Give it a year or so and I foresee a cafe racer to make it to my garage, for the quick fun ride to the bakery or to the lake.

Now then, I would be interested to read what my fellow N1K riders have in their garage as a second (or first) motorbike.
This is interesting to me, as before I had the Ninja 1000, I had 2 bikes; a CBR600 and an FJR1300.

I have long felt a calling for dual sport/adventure bikes, and have been seriously considering getting one for a while.

Cafe racers (and scramblers, for that matter) certainly have an appeal as well; I'm not sure if I would buy one of the current cafe style bikes, or do a custom build. I would absolutely love to do a custom build, but I'm just not sure if I have the time/space to do it...

·
Registered
303 Posts
B4921EE7-33C2-4D14-BF3E-812B3821D2B8.png

·
Registered
747 Posts
Reactions: jjscsix

·
Registered
747 Posts
I bought the Tracer 900 GT in 2019. Keeping the Ninja for local rides and apex hunting. Find the Tracer to be way more comfortable for travel and long days in the saddle.
IMG_2788.JPG

·
Registered
938 Posts
2017 FJR1300 and 2018 CBR1000RR.
Those CBR1000RR's are really really enticing. Honda has a knack for making a sportbike fit and feel like a 750, but has the dynamics of a 1000.

A while back, Wild West Honda here had a bunch of '19 CBR1000RR SP's marked down to $14,999(?). It took all I had to resist that gorgeous blue/red/white/gold livery dripping in Brembo/Ohlins goodness. I'm glad they are sold out now.

Reactions: Crawsack

·
Registered
452 Posts
Those CBR1000RR's are really really enticing. Honda has a knack for making a sportbike fit and feel like a 750, but has the dynamics of a 1000.

A while back, Wild West Honda here had a bunch of '19 CBR1000RR SP's marked down to $14,999(?). It took all I had to resist that gorgeous blue/red/white/gold livery dripping in Brembo/Ohlins goodness. I'm glad they are sold out now.
Yes, I saw those. I bought my bike at WW when the “base” model was $10,999. They actually had the SPs for $13,999 for a week or so, and I stopped in there for something else at that time. They had five of them. I would have bought one for that price, but taken a hit in mine. No complaints though. Six months later I spent more money than I knew I had on a new house ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
My other bike is a DR-Z400s. I like it just as much as my N1K. My preference is that if I'm going to have multiple bikes, they should differentiate in function. I enjoy how the bikes are so different from eachother and I like to switch between them day by day.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
3 Posts
Call me crazy, you wouldn’t be the first, but I’m relocating to a small quirky beach community on the MS Gulf Coast. I was thinking of getting a stretched Honda Rukus for around the area cruising.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts