Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm currently running Angel GT 2's on my '18. They're good tires but my commute has portions of grooved pavement. The front tire has rain channels that catch on the grooves and it makes the handlebars shake so I wouldn't recommend those if your area has grooved pavement.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Another sport touring option is the metzler roadtec 01 se. It, the dunlop rs4, pirelli angel gt2, michelin road5 all seem near top of the class.. Seems hard to choose between them other than on price.. All have been relatively recently updated..doubt there is a bad tire in that bunch..

ahm

·
Read Only
62 Posts
Couple of guys I ride with run Pilot Road 5's on there SuperSports so they do stick and u do get high mileage out of them but for me something more sport oriented is the tire for me.

Probably end up going with a set of Metzler M9RR or the original Pirelli Angel GT's, sport tire that gets some mileage.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Metzler M9RR...been riding on it for a about a year I think with no issues...the tire just sticks and the wear has been great.

I would fill it with hydrogen if I had to do it all over again...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
I went with the Michelin Pilot Road 5, since here in Oregon rains quite a bit, Also kept the 190/50 as the bike is too heavy and I like to be able to hold it on slopes when stopping, as I'm not that tall either. On another topic, just received Ivans ECU today and it feels better, especially on throttle control in the turns with the new tires... Happy... oh for the guy asking for the oil.. Mobil 1 4t... :love:

·
Registered
2017 N1K IVANS FLASH
189 Posts
I went with the Dunlop Road Smart 3 and I have the 190/55 rear tire and like it a lot. Afterwards, IVAN flashed my ECU and his opinion was to keep the 190/55 rear but go with a tire that had a higher profile such as the Michelin Pilot Road 5. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
216 Posts
My Bridgestone 22 (OEM TYRE) has developed a line that looks like where the casing was joined in a weird spot - Its about 4k old and still has plenty of life but I have never really liked it - I am going to get a set of the Pilot Road 5 fitted now. See how they go.

Problem with tyres is everyone has an opinion and who is to say they are wrong. Especially if it starts with the words "In My Opinion" as it cannot be a wrong statement as it is their opinion. :)

21 - 33 of 33 Posts