Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I want one in the merits of helium in tires. It will make them super light, decreasing drag ........
Was watching a YouTube video on the H2 ona dyno and they drop the air out - fill it with nitrogen at lower pressures to stop the tyre slip when doing the pulls.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
It must have been a hell of an H2. My H2 SX was 240 to the tire and had no problems.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm currently running Angel GT 2's on my '18. They're good tires but my commute has portions of grooved pavement. The front tire has rain channels that catch on the grooves and it makes the handlebars shake so I wouldn't recommend those if your area has grooved pavement.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Angel GTs are the only tire I haven't tried on any bike (I had the rosso corsas) so they're going to be my next tire. I'm going to put helium in them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Another sport touring option is the metzler roadtec 01 se. It, the dunlop rs4, pirelli angel gt2, michelin road5 all seem near top of the class.. Seems hard to choose between them other than on price.. All have been relatively recently updated..doubt there is a bad tire in that bunch..

ahm

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't know why it is such a hard find - All I want is a Tyre that :-
1) Gets massive mileage
2) Lets me corner to 50 degs
3) Allows me to do track days
4) Run everywhere at 200km/h
5) Soak up all the bumps
6) Give me all the feedback
7) Costs $100 an end

Sounds easy get to it :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Couple of guys I ride with run Pilot Road 5's on there SuperSports so they do stick and u do get high mileage out of them but for me something more sport oriented is the tire for me.

Probably end up going with a set of Metzler M9RR or the original Pirelli Angel GT's, sport tire that gets some mileage.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Metzler M9RR...been riding on it for a about a year I think with no issues...the tire just sticks and the wear has been great.

I would fill it with hydrogen if I had to do it all over again...

·
Premium Member
13,351 Posts
Minlak, you didnt mention this tire, "Will not try to toss me over a storage shed before its bead releases".

21 - 30 of 30 Posts