Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
* Things that have never happened in my 54 years of riding. Frankly, other than a loose chain (old days), burned out bulbs, an R/R that gracefully died and took the stator with it, a couple blown fuses and several punctured tires, my Honda & Kawasaki & Yamaha motorcycles have been stone reliable. I've had a couple of accidents far from home and the vice grips replaced a clutch lever and shift lever once.

I have fuses, pliers, spare bulbs, small vice grips, screw driver, some wire, etc. in the tool kit. The tire repair stuff has to fit under the seat because I leave the bags home or in the motel some times. And I must say I've used my tools/tire repair more for fellow riders than for myself.

The "gracefully" dying R/R & stator I noticed on a trip because I have a voltmeter mounted. Turned off the heated gear and high beams and finished the trip.

And RC's right, the Ninja better be extra reliable since they neglected the center stand. Harder than heck to fix a flat (my most common roadside repair) without one.
I’ve also been fortunate with reliable bikes and cars. That said I do pack a few tools to see me through but apart from a flat tyre repair kit my fav tool to take is a credit card. Fixes most issues if you can get to a town.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
I don't have time to read 42 posts right now but a self-priming siphon can get you out of trouble. Most home improvement stores sell them. I paid about $15 for mine.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts