Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,
So all for free, because I happen to have the parts from previous bikes and cars.

HID H7 conversion to the main headlamp, Sw-Motech Mirror extenders, and garage door opener in dash (with velcro).
Was super easy and straight forward. Will post pictures soon.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
mirror extenders:

Garage Door:

HID:

Free and easy is always good.

My seat is the final mod (on his way to Spencer)...

Do you want to see my mockup DIY so I can use the Bike?

Seat:

Reactions: rcannon409

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My seat is the final mod (on his way to Spencer)...

Do you want to see my mockup DIY so I can use the Bike?

Seat:

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Cheetah, you should sent the PIC into Sport Rider Magazine. Letter of the month wins a jacket, helmet ect.

I think that seat is a guaranteed win. Anyone who sees it flashes back to being 12 years old and using a block of wood, to actuate a throttle, after the cable broke.

The riding was everything. Not the how.

Plus, it s probably more comfortable than stock.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
High Bean Headlamp

Adding high bean PIIA light.

It is white and I might be able to add a resistor later to turn on while the other is on

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Like the Headlight! Must have been a rough one to do.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like the Headlight! Must have been a rough one to do.
the headlight, took me literally 10 minutes (maybe ten extra to tie wrap and Velcro the hid module).
The piia should take me less than 10 minutes, in our bikes you remove the 4 screws for the gauge cover, and it is exposed and easy to work with.

:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
the headlight, took me literally 10 minutes (maybe ten extra to tie wrap and Velcro the hid module).
The piia should take me less than 10 minutes, in our bikes you remove the 4 screws for the gauge cover, and it is exposed and easy to work with.

:)
Thanks. Have not tried this but am interested.

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
grips and bar ends

Oldrider----- those are HVMP bar ends..roughly about 3 ounces heavier each than stock, just went for a ride and i feel less vibration with the new Progrips and bar ends while making steady headway......they even make heavier ends if wanted...appear to be solid stainless steel

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PIAA | H7 XTreme White Plus Single Bulb #17155

I checked PIAA's website and it doesn't state the wattage. I presume it is still 55W,
the standard for H7. Why would you need a resistor to turn it on while the other (left headlight) is on?
LOL
the resistor would allow the high beam to be on at all times but with less intensity.
It would need a relay too.

There is a device that does this, I'm just trying to save a buck (or $80)
Oh, and it would allow the bike not to have a blinded punched eye... :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oldrider----- those are HVMP bar ends..roughly about 3 ounces heavier each than stock, just went for a ride and i feel less vibration with the new Progrips and bar ends while making steady headway......they even make heavier ends if wanted...appear to be solid stainless steel
LOL LOL LOL noooo...

I just literally installed mine.

Stock ones are 8 ounces, or half pound.

These are 17 ounces, or a pound and an ounce. (although my scale reports 19 ounces (1 lb 3 oz)
:p

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Adding high bean PIIA light.

It is white and I might be able to add a resistor later to turn on while the other is on
Ok Done, more like a meh change, the high beam is the non HID (beam pattern not as good as I though)
Perhaps will add HID to High beam, but then will not be able to use both at the same time for low with the mod I'm planning.

Unless there is something out there in the wild (like HIDs with lens )

Attachments

1 - 20 of 84 Posts