Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,502 Posts
Probably zero chance of getting a fresh transition shield for a 10 year old rs-1?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been using an HJC Rpha 70 carbon reple for about 6 months now. Great helmet with a snug but comfortable fit. Changing visors is really easy and the narrow streamlined shape of the helmet makes is very stable while riding. Weighs less than the Shoei GT Air I had before.

·
Premium Member
15,502 Posts
Kevin, what is the weight on that, if you know? I always appreciated light weight as much as any other feature, and probably more so.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
166 Posts
I've got one on my RS1. I've been disappointed in it from the beginning, certainly for what it cost. Of course they probably sit on a shelf for a year of that 2 years, but it's never transitioned enough and definitely doesn't get dark enough. I only use it on cloudy days as I'd need sunglasses to on a sunny day.
Wonder if you could do the outer transition and add a inner pinlock transition to get the darkness during the sunny days.

·
Registered
2021 Ninja 1000SX
166 Posts
View attachment 34150
Shoei RF 1400. Matches my bike almost perfectly. Very quiet too. With the Shoei and the DB killer I don't need earplugs
Interesting since the best helmet db is reduced wind noise to about 97Db but damage to the ears starts at 70+ Db. Short rides your fine but long rides you are doing damage in any helmet from my research. Championhelmets has some of the best testing and results to support this. Cheers

Reactions: Geoff C

·
Premium Member
'12 Ninja 1000 (w/ late model KQR panniers), 03 KTM 525 EXC
210 Posts
Still running around with an HJC CL17, that's definitely overdue for replacement 🤣
The thing fits great honestly.

·
Registered
To be delivered when released 2023 Ninja 1000 SX
39 Posts
I wear Shoei Neotec 2. I like it, as it is very comfortable, I also have the Shoei NXR is light and comfortable to. I prefer a Modular helmet like the Neotec 2. Sadly most helmets these days tend to be built to take the Sena and I love my Cardo system that can be adapted to fit these regardless. It would be nice to be able to use both systems as a choice.

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
I wear Shoei Neotec 2. I like it, very comfortable also the Shoei NXR is light but, I prefer a Modular helmet like the Neotec 2. Sadly most helmets these days tend to be built to take the Sena and I love my Cardo system that can be adapted to fit these regardless. It would be nice to be able to use both systems as a choice.
I'm also very happy with my Cardo. When my Neotec bit the dust in an accident I had to search long and hard to find a NOS Neotec in my size. Fortunately I did and it was much easier to fit the Cardo to it rather than the Neo2. Not sure what I'll do next time because I like my Neotec too. You'd think they'd at least make a non-comm helmet without the Sena mount bolted/cast right into the shell.

You'll have to post a how-to on how you mated a Cardo to the N2 shell. It looked to me like the Sena mount was right where I wanted to mount the Cardo.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm also very happy with my Cardo. When my Neotec bit the dust in an accident I had to search long and hard to find a NOS Neotec in my size. Fortunately I did and it was much easier to fit the Cardo to it rather than the Neo2. Not sure what I'll do next time because I like my Neotec too. You'd think they'd at least make a non-comm helmet without the Sena mount bolted/cast right into the shell.

You'll have to post a how-to on how you mated a Cardo to the N2 shell. It looked to me like the Sena mount was right where I wanted to mount the Cardo.
I used the double-sided tape on the bracket to mount the unit as close to the front of the helmet as I could and still reach it as if I were using the clip and it works just fine. Still would love to be able to have the Cardo integrated into the helmet.

Reactions: kenors and Riv

·
Registered
42 Posts

I've installed a whole bunch of non-Sena SRL2 intercoms to Neotec 2 helmets at work. It's never been a problem, but the module mouting plate has to be glued on. And those glue-plates are always included in an intercom kit.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Interesting since the best helmet db is reduced wind noise to about 97Db but damage to the ears starts at 70+ Db. Short rides your fine but long rides you are doing damage in any helmet from my research. Championhelmets has some of the best testing and results to support this. Cheers
Yep. That's the problem with the naked bikes. They're more comfortable but you sit so high up, wind noise becomes a real concern. It's quieter on my zx10

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've installed a whole bunch of non-Sena SRL2 intercoms to Neotec 2 helmets at work. It's never been a problem, but the module mouting plate has to be glued on. And those glue-plates are always included in an intercom kit.
This might be a bit hard to see but the helmet on the back of my Versey 1000 with the Cardo mounted to the left side of the Neotec was never an issue operating the coms. I hope that helps Kenors with his request.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive lighting

81 - 97 of 97 Posts