Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Arai Signet q and now X. The q chinbar cracked in half last year when I crashed and saved my life. I find the x louder eventhough it is supposed to be quieter.
I have thicker cheekpads that give me a super snug fit.

I wanted a neotech but shoei do not fit my narrow head.

The quietest helmet available is actually a modular Schuberth C3 Pro.

Now if a great time to buy a helmet because lots on sale or even clearance.

·
Registered
699 Posts
The quietest helmet available is actually a modular Schuberth C3 Pro.
I agree. I have used Shoei Neotec (sold it, didn’t complement my head shape), AGV Sport Modular (sold it, didn’t complement my head shape), AGV K5 (passed it on, didn’t complement my head shape), Shark Evo One 2 (discarded, too clunky and clumsy flip up mechanism). The Schuberth C3 Pro is a top helmet, probably quieter than 90% of full face helmets. Unfortunately it too didn’t complement my head shape so I passed it on. So my search for a flip up continues. Can’t change my head so I change helmets.

Currently using the Shark Race R-Pro, got two of these full face race helmets. Love it. Beautifully balanced. Loves my head shape.

·
Premium Member
11,898 Posts
Tyrmeltr mentioned that hjc cl-17. That helmet has to be the best dollar vs performance of anything out there. If the hjc brand fit me better, it's the helmet I would have. You can spend a LOT more, for sure, but there's no test out there that says you get more.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think I've owned about everything there is but Arai, Shoei and Schuberth. I've seriously considered a Schuberth because I can see they are a step above everything else on the market in quality, but I don't feel the same about Arai and Shoei. I've been able to get Nolan, Shark, Kabuto, AGV and Bell helmets of equal or better quality on closeout from $100-$150. Arai and Shoei don't allow that kind of discount. I love my Kabuto, better quality, comfort and padding that the Shoe GT I tried recently. I like my Nolan modular best for long trips and I have a Bell star I got for $150 I like for the winter because it has a windjammer on it.

I've also owned a number of Scorpions. Although not the same quality as the above, still a good quality helmet I generally paid $50-$100 for them.

·
Registered
316 Posts
2016 Bell Star... Have the auto-darkening shield on it...

Gripes? kinda loud, PITA to mount my Sena 20s to.

FWIW, I think how well a helmet fits contributes in double digit %'s to how loud it is....

Reactions: nucleus

·
Registered
162 Posts
My everyday helmet is an Arai Profile (yeah, I know, I am about to buy a new Arai Signet-X). I have a long oval head.
When I ride two up with my wife, I wear a Shoei RF-1200 - the shape is more accommodating for speakers, but I have to wear a do-rag to tolerate the shape of the helmet.

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
I have an RF1200. I've been hearing a lot about 6D Helmets anyone have experience with them?
Bc2
I'll be keeping an eye on those 6D helmets. Looks like they are trying to push the boundaries on conventional helmets. And for a carbon fiber its not priced sky high. Also saw were they except the pinlock sheilds.
https://youtu.be/wk94MdHGSPg

They'll have to offer a transition lens though first

Reactions: Bc2

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Tyrmeltr mentioned that hjc cl-17. That helmet has to be the best dollar vs performance of anything out there. If the hjc brand fit me better, it's the helmet I would have. You can spend a LOT more, for sure, but there's no test out there that says you get more.
I have the HJC IS-17 Arcus helmet. I've tried the Arais and Nolans and they just don't fit near as well for me as the HJC. I had a Scorpion at one point which was great but had one nagging hotspot in the middle of my forehead. :sad:

Agree with the above comment. best dollar vs performance of anything out there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Icon Airflite Stealth - Lite and good airflow.
Meets DOT FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (Europe), & PSC (Japan) Helmet Safety Standards.
Includes Clear & Dark Smoke Fliteshield™. Includes Dark Smoke Dropshield™.
Removable HydraDry™ moisture-wicking liner.
AirfliteStealthBlackProfile.jpg

·
Registered
997 Posts
Bell Star Race carbon. I've been using them for many years. They work well for my head and I've been lucky to find good deals on them when I wear one out.

·
Premium Member
11,898 Posts
I just ordered a seriously new/old stock Bel rs-1, from Canada. It was 150.00, shipped. It's a spare. The only helmet that has ever fit me. I'll cry when I wear this one out. I needed a new face shield for my old rs1. This e tire helmet didnt cost much more. I'm not crazy about its age, but it fits.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Shoei fits my head well. I wear glasses so I like the flip face is my preference. I started with the Syncrotec years ago and now have my second Neotec that I like a lot. I stuck with the original Neotec 1 since I have a Cardo communicator and Shoei married a Sena unit to their Neotec 2 right where I wanted to mount the Cardo.
My last Neotec was purchased by insurance so it was full price but I've never had problems finding year old stock for around $300. I've tried Nolan and HJC flip face helmets and felt they were both a bit cheap. That was a few years ago and it could have been they just didn't fit my head shape that well.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not sure its available any longer:

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha FZ-10 2017 Suzuki M109R
117 Posts
I wear the Arai Signet Q. I've got the long oval head shape, all other helmets I've tried create pressure on my forehead causing a headache in an hour or less.

·
Registered
2016 Ninja
114 Posts
Scorpion T1200. I like the red and black color scheme to match the bike as well as the internal sun shield. Internal sun shield is absolutely mandatory for me to buy a helmet; I'm not farting around with carrying and changing out tinted face shields or spending $150 on a photochromic shield that scratches as easily as a $20 shield. I'll probably replace it with a HJC 70 or AGV K model when it's time to retire the helmet.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I currently have an HJC RPHA 70 and like it but the fit could be a tad better. I want a drop down shade rather than sunglasses so this limits my options.

I tried on a lot of helmets at CG last Saturday, HJC, Shoei, Arai and AGV, very few from any manufacturer don’t jack my Rx glasses but the AGV K5-S fits good, better than my HJC.

Champion Helmets on YT have good technical reviews, fit is a different story.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts