Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
11,209 Posts
Try AMIG They are highly rated, and very reasonable for my Ninja 1000. Then again, in Utah you have maybe 5-6 nice days a year to ride. Still, a great rate from them...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got my 2015 earlier today. Progressive quoted me about $600 and some change for full coverage for a full year. During non-riding seasons, are we able to reduce the coverage, and save money, or are we stuck the whole year?

·
Registered
9 Posts
So Progressive actually classifies this bike as a full-on super sport. I had them when I bought the bike and the premium was changing to $1,400 when I added it to drive off the lot.

Days later, I researched pricing with Dairyland (at Kelly Insurance in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio). Dairyland classifies it more like a touring bike! The premium is only $375 and I added everything I could think of (lots of uninsured motorist coverage-- because I want that in case some cager runs me over). Very happy now...

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just looked up dairyland insurance and I have yet to see a single positive review about them. Have any of you had to file a claim with them?

·
Registered
971 Posts
I just got my 2015 earlier today. Progressive quoted me about $600 and some change for full coverage for a full year. During non-riding seasons, are we able to reduce the coverage, and save money, or are we stuck the whole year?
When I had geico, I would drop collision and comp for the winter to save money. AMIG saved me a ton. I could live with full coverage for the year but they will let you drop collision for the winter but they want you to at least keep comp because of fire or theft.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have Rider Insurance, it's strictly a motorcycle insurance company. No good deal though on my N1K, full coverage was around $1600, I pay just over $200 for liability only. I have our other 2 bikes through them though and they are extremely cheap, my XR650R is only $29 a year, and the wifes ninja 250 is only $19!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just bought my bike, my Allstate agent said its just classified as a ninja, same rate no matter model type. I just carry liability and comp. on all my bikes. The rate was 335.00 per yr. they wanted 800 more for collision.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dairyland did me well when my house burned down and I lost all my motorcycles. I had a Ducati Monster covered with them. While there wasn't a local agent I had absolutely NO problems with the claim. They paid quickly and I got to keep the bare frame as a souvenier.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Like everyone has said before, rates depend so much on coverage levels, driving record, etc... that its hard to make clear recommendations, you pretty much have to price it out for yourself. Just as a reference, I checked into insurance on 3 new bikes with USAA and here was the result, based on $100k/$300k liability and $1000 deductible:

1) '14 N1K - $25/month
2) '15 Yammie FJ-09 - $23/month
3) '15 BMW S1000XR - $33/month

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks for the tip...I now am insured with AMIG as well...great rates.

·
Registered
11,209 Posts
I just renewed my AMIG policy.

Was 340.....Now, 265.00. Per year. Utah, though so short riding season. Old guy, perfect driving record.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Metlife quoted $411/yr for me, but they wanted our 2 cars too. Their quote for those was higher than what I pay now with USAA, so I'm probably going to go with Nationwide at 567. I could go with Dairyland for $510, but they charge an extra fee if I pay monthly, plus want my checking account info.
For somewhat of a comparison...
46, married, homeowner. 100/300/50. Comp & Coll w/$1000 ded. No UM, UIM, medical, rental car, or roadside.
Other companies:
AMIG $1406
Farmers $1393
Progressive via USAA (they don't insure direct) $1379
Geico $904
State Farm $810
Allstate $758

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm surprised so many of you pay for full insurance on a motorcycle - which for me is basically a toy. For me - comprehensive insurance is for catastrophic events. If I ever total my bike, I'm not going to be in much financial trouble, except that I'll have one less toy. Same reason I never finance a toy; well I never finance anything other than a house anyway.

I always see people who buy insurance at the post office and I wonder if they have life insurance. Or those who buy insurance on a new TV, but probably don't have health insurance.

The insurance industry has done a pretty good job with marketing I must say.

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
7 Posts
About $500/yr, coll&comp, for the 2012 Ninja and a 2009 KLR. Safeco ins. I have a clean record (only 1 ticket on the KLR) with no accidents, good credit rating and I am 60+. I will probably drop the collision and comp...it was dirt cheap for the KLR, not so much for the Ninja. Since I have less than $10,000 invested for both bikes and probably wouldn't get that much for either if something happened, collision and comp probably does not make much sense

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
800 yr for 2012 ninja and 2013 cbr 500r full coverage

21 - 40 of 176 Posts