Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my first service done yesterday (600mi). I was making small talk with the mechanic at the counter after it was done and asked him about oil. He said I should only use Kawasaki 4 stroke oil (which they sell of course) and NOT to use synthetic because synthetic does not have the minerals that the parts need (??).

The owners manual says you can use Kawasaki oil OR any motorcycle oil that meets the same API & JASO specs including synthetic (full or part). I'm thinking Castrol Actevo 4T will work fine.

I think the first service was a bit of a ripoff at my dealer. They charge 1.5 hrs labor but I know it only took them half an hour (I was watching the bike to see when they moved it).

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys.

Rotella T6 does not seem to be motorcycle oil - does that matter? If it meets the same specs as what the Kawasaki manual calls for is that good enough?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just did a quick look at reviews on Amazon for the Rotella T6...it seems that it works fine for motorcycles. I always thought the "motorcycle oil" thing was a scam.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.