Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,502 Posts
I've never had a clutch slip using "auto oil"..I know, bad idea, but in reality , it works just fine.

I like the way Mikey100 worded "helps reduce clutch slippage"...It wont suddenly cause a good clutch to slip.

I've used it on my yz 250 dirt bike for 20 years. A bad clutch is a bad clutch, and oil really does not change it.

Its all expensive now, You can get Valvoilne 4 stroke oil at auto zone for 4.99 a quart. So, you'll spend 19.96 instead of the 17.84 of rotella??? I dont care for the notchiness I get with Rotella in regards to shifting.

If some company a "special" oil that was slicker than others, they would not have to worry about money again.

·
Premium Member
15,502 Posts
Lag, I think we probably worry too much about oil brand.

I think its like helmets. If some company really had an advantage, the magazines would be full of ads proving this advantage, and we would for sure know about it.

I believe you'll be ok with any brand thats certified for motorcycle use.

Reactions: trialsguy

·
Premium Member
15,502 Posts
Lag, this is what makes it so tough to make an easy decision...

If I said, "You want to switch brands as often as you can. The different additives can compliment each other..."

That sounds reasonable, too. Also, if there were real compatibility issues, we would have heard about it.

·
Premium Member
15,502 Posts
Johnny, if you take my situation, I'll be up against a years time before I ever get the miles from synthetic.

It's rare when I can put over 3000 on my bike in a given year.

Two bikes keep the Mike figure, for each, rather low.

·
Premium Member
15,502 Posts
Lag....lol..no idea if it should be changed....logic says it's fine....then my stupid brain kicks in, and I change it. I love the topic, and at the same time, I hate it.

Over on the zx10 forum, a guy has a 2014 zx10..blown engine, but 71,000 miles. Reading hisncomments, he has had 2-3 oil changes, and that's it. It's right here. People are being cool and not being critical of this schedule. Gen 4: 2011-2015 2013 71,000 miles - Kawasaki ZX-10R.net

So, does is mean he had an oil failure, or WHAT?

I do change it, yearly, but have no facts, or reasons to suggest you should. I change it in my car that sits, too.

I'll always share any info I know to be true, but on this topic, I'm as clueless as anyone else.

So, if I can change synthetic less often, I'm probably wasting my money changing it yearly? Then again, it's 50 bucks, max, and the penalty for running it past its "use by" date could be a big one.

·
Premium Member
15,502 Posts
That oil is probably excellent. I wonder who makes it for them?

·
Premium Member
15,502 Posts
We saw an "application for bid" for some exhaust pipes to be made for the Yamaha accessory division GYTR.

It told how many units they wanted (250) and gave fairly specific design parameters for the construction.

But my from what it sounded like, company "A" might win this time, and company "B" might win the next time. I suspect the oil works the same way?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.