Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a wild hair at around 8:00 pm yesterday and headed for the mountains. It has been so hot lately ive not got the bike out much. Went to a place i used to go camping and enjoyed the mountain views looking down at the lakes and watching the sunset, rode through the campgrounds and went to the lake on the mountain at the wifes request, the temperature was about 10 degrees cooler than the valley and it was awsome, unfortunately darkness set in and i had to battle the ninjas sorry headlights and my bad eyes for the twisti ride back out of the mountains. All in all a great and enjoyable ride, now im thinking about maybe i can pack a small tent on this thing with the bare camping essentials and just stay the night next time.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Sounds like a great ride. Sometimes I have to handcuff myself to my desk when that urge jumps into my head. I know I'll get zero work done after an enjoyable ride. It always seems like the perfect time for a nap. God, I sound old :D

Mountain roads at night is the one catch to an otherwise splendid machine. I've got some BKmoto's sitting on my shelf which I don't want to instal until after my upcoming trip. You know the saying: No big mods right before a long trip.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a great ride. Sometimes I have to handcuff myself to my desk when that urge jumps into my head. I know I'll get zero work done after an enjoyable ride. It always seems like the perfect time for a nap. God, I sound old :D

Mountain roads at night is the one catch to an otherwise splendid machine. I've got some BKmoto's sitting on my shelf which I don't want to instal until after my upcoming trip. You know the saying: No big mods right before a long trip.
Yea this bike makes me paranoid at night especially in the sticks where theres no additional lights, if something was laying in the road id be all over it before i saw it.

Reactions: Ishikawa

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reactions: Rock

·
Registered
709 Posts
BTW, I just saw a program that came on after the news called Raw Travel. Tonight they did a little segment on Chattanooga, TN. The place looks like nothing I expected. Makes me want to change my upcoming road trip and ride to TN.

Another good thing about TN, I have absolutely no family there (unlike where I'm actually going).

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Nice place with some great riding. Near Deal's Gap too and all the great roads in North Carolina. It's sort of like a Pilgrimage for people around here.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW, I just saw a program that came on after the news called Raw Travel. Tonight they did a little segment on Chattanooga, TN. The place looks like nothing I expected. Makes me want to change my upcoming road trip and ride to TN.

Another good thing about TN, I have absolutely no family there (unlike where I'm actually going).
Let me know if you come down this way, i can take you on a grand tour of the good places like the dragon, cherohala skyway etc the motorcyle museum in maggie valley is awsome and chalked full of history.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
709 Posts
Let me know if you come down this way, i can take you on a grand tour of the good places like the dragon, cherohala skyway etc the motorcyle museum in maggie valley is awsome and chalked full of history.
Certainly!
At this point I wish I hadn't thrown all my vacation resources into my upcoming trip to Canada. But, Chattanooga looks like a cool place to visit, especially to ride through.

The map shows the route from SF taking me through AZ, NM, TX, OK, and TN. That would be a trip to talk about.

Maybe I should divert the route through Kansas. I hear they are pretty relaxed about speeding as long as you're below 130mph :D

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thats a good one Ishikawa , if you go to canada watch out for them elk, some of the roads in the boonies have thick cover right to the edge of the road and them suckers can pop out anywhere, be like hitting a brick wall.

Reactions: Ishikawa
1 - 14 of 14 Posts