Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wandering if the 2014 air filter will fit the 2012, the filter part number is different but the filter gasket is the same part number

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reason, they say the 2014 filter flows alot better than the pre 2014 they are made different, and im not a fan of k&n filters

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called kawasaki parts department and they said the 2012 and 2014 had the same part number on there microfiche, i guess they are doing a little false advertisment on the 2014 ninja lol

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what ive read one filter is woven and the other is not, thats suppose to be the difference in air flow, i would definately take the one with more air flow since its oem and not having to oil it.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Noted and will do the air breather mod, im going to do the ivans flash this winter and finish up my mods, thats basically all i like, the headers im still up in the air about.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think ill order that part 10065 also it looks totally different than the 2012

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Parts ordered, wander if i will be allright with that new plate with holes and the new air filter since i dont have the flash yet.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
It will be no problem. Just a better noise, is abotu it.

I was going to order the part, but a stepped bit and a drill did it in abotu 10 seconds.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like the plate for the 2014 has holes all in it

·
Registered
367 Posts
Reactions: Mark59

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I went to the local home depot and bought a small sack of 1/ 2inch holes.

Seriously, I did send one of our secretaries to the industrial supply house and ask that the 1/2 in holes be added to the order I called in.

So, I drilled mine to match, but as I was doing so, wondered why I left it in at all?

Yamaha claimed to enlarge the airbox of their mt 10 to boost low-mid. If thats true, might removing the plate do the same thing?

The 2014 bike has different length velocity stacks, too. Older was two short, two long. New bike is all four , medium.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wander what it would do if you added those velocity stack

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good point rc when i do my flash this winter i think ill ask ivan what he thinks about the velocity stacks

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The 2014 air filters are 10.00 bucks higher than the 2012 air filters,at babbitts parts hope i can keep the front wheel on the ground after i change it out lol

Reactions: rcannon409

·
Registered
367 Posts
You must of put in the newer plate also, notice any differance, good picture explains it well
Difficult to say.
I did this with a new air filter (BMC) + Ivan's Airbox mod.

The intake noise is a lot nicer, but no idea how much is because of the resonator plate.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I got that plate full of holes comming also hopefully be here this week, babbitts dont put out much shipping info like most places i guess when it shows up you get it lol, i thought that plate with holes was the ivan air box mod, i guess this will be all i do untill i get my flash

1 - 20 of 23 Posts