Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I bought all the necessary pieces for the backrest and sadly, it won't work for me and my daughter. W/me at 240 lbs. and her at 160, the backrest crowds me into the tank and doesn't offer her as much seating space to make her comfortable. If we were both 'smaller' this would work but we're not so it doesn't.

As such, I'm putting it all up for sale- the Ventura racks and sport rack, as well as the back rest pad and marine-based hardware used to attach the pad to the sport rack.

Even if one is not desirous of the backrest, the Ventura rack seems very versatile.

I believe this rack will only fit the '11-13 model. '14's and up accomodate the KQR bags so they use a different Ventura bracket.

[/url]IMG_0728 by my2smilingkids, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_0727 by my2smilingkids, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url]IMG_0726 by my2smilingkids, on Flickr[/IMG]

Only looking to recover costs on this experiment. Asking $235 plus whatever shipping costs work out to be.
Lee

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
I use the giving rack and top box with the backrest pad on the top box and it works out great for me and my wife.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's been almost a year since I posted this so refreshing the ad. Anyone interested? Make me an offer...
Lee

·
Registered
1 Posts
I may be interested in the rack and back rest. Do u need to remove and leave off the OEM passenger grab bar? Thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for inquiring!

Passenger grab bars must be removed; that's where the Ventura racks mount. It is easily/quickly removable though. Also, the Ventura racks are year-specific. These came off my '11 and will only fit '11-13 model years. If this works for you, PM me & I'll swing you a sweet deal.
Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts