Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to be ordering the OEM side cases, and was hoping to order the European version, as they don't have the dumb looking reflector on the side. I am, naturally, in the US so I'm not really sure how well this will work. Has anyone tried ordering parts from overseas before? How did it go?

Specifically, I'm looking at ordering from www.cmsnl.com. Near as I can tell, they're based in the Netherlands.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I’ve never heard of them before - but that doesn’t mean anything. I’ve never tried to order parts internationally. Gear-wise, I’ve ordered from The Visor Shop (Ireland) a couple times and I have friends that have ordered from Chrome Burner (Netherlands).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
They have a 76% excellent rating, 16% great, and the remaining 7% were spread across average, poor, and bad. Seems like most of the complaints are about shipping costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've never ordered from that particular site either, but when researching part numbers I came across this posting on an H2SX forum.

H2SXRiders.net - Bags from EU arrived (no ugly reflector!)

The website the OP recommended was also from the Netherlands: Motorcycle Spare Parts .EU (Has a 4.8 on Trust Pilot)

I haven't tried them yet myself, but most of the participants of that forum thread were over all happy save one. That one participant received a bag with a broken lock housing. Kawasaki refused to warranty the item, so upon advice from other members of that forum, he went ahead and fixed it himself (fortunately was just a case of a screw coming loose).

Be advised, that the bags the OP linked to in that forum thread are the non heat shield versions. If you want the bags with the heat shields, you can look them up on the UK Kawasaki website that he also provided a link to.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never ordered from that particular site either, but when researching part numbers I came across this posting on an H2SX forum.

H2SXRiders.net - Bags from EU arrived (no ugly reflector!)

The website the OP recommended was also from the Netherlands: Motorcycle Spare Parts .EU (Has a 4.8 on Trust Pilot)

I haven't tried them yet myself, but most of the participants of that forum thread were over all happy save one. That one participant received a bag with a broken lock housing. Kawasaki refused to warranty the item, so upon advice from other members of that forum, he went ahead and fixed it himself (fortunately was just a case of a screw coming loose).

Be advised, that the bags the OP linked to in that forum thread are the non heat shield versions. If you want the bags with the heat shields, you can look them up on the UK Kawasaki website that he also provided a link to.
Thanks!! I went ahead and pulled the trigger with that site. The whole shebang (all 5 pieces needed for the bags) was $950 shipped. Compared to almost $1500 from Kawasaki US, I call that a win. Now to see how long shipping takes....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks!! I went ahead and pulled the trigger with that site. The whole shebang (all 5 pieces needed for the bags) was $950 shipped. Compared to almost $1500 from Kawasaki US, I call that a win. Now to see how long shipping takes....
Your welcome. Let us know how the experience works out. The OP of that forum stated he got his bags within 2 days. However, he didn't say if that was the default method or not. According to MSR.EU they do have expedited shipping available; but you have to contact them via email to arrange it, and they don't mention the cost. Anyway, good luck with the purchase.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your welcome. Let us know how the experience works out. The OP of that forum stated he got his bags within 2 days. However, he didn't say if that was the default method or not. According to MSR.EU they do have expedited shipping available; but you have to contact them via email to arrange it, and they don't mention the cost. Anyway, good luck with the purchase.
Will do. I have not requested expedited shipping, though I might. Currently the items all show out of stock, which I didn't notice until after I hit 'send'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered my panniers from them since I also didn't want the reflectors on mine and they were cheaper. Ordered on 03/27/21 and received them on 04/05/21.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All right. So to update everyone on this, I'm definitely impressed and happy with MSP.

I ordered all 5 parts for the side cases and didn't notice at the time that they all showed out of stock. No problem. My fault. A couple day later I emailed them to ask about expedited shipping, and what the normal time to restock is. They sadly ignored the restocking question (perhaps a language barrier?), but let me know that expedited shipping is available and that they would email me about it once they are able to ship.

About a week later I received an email from them with a PayPal request for the expedited shipping, which turned out to be about $120 extra. This was last Friday, the 16th. I bit the bullet and paid the shipping cost. Lo and behold, the side cases showed up earlier TODAY. From Europe to my front door in 3 days over a weekend. Amazon Prime isn't even that good. It all came in one big box, with the cases wrapped and the rest of the parts either wrapped or in smaller OEM boxes.

The only weird thing about the whole order was that they always called me "Mr(s) Hunt" in our emails. My name isn't even close to Hunt, which threw me off for a bit as I thought they mistakenly emailed me about someone else's order. But, after confirming all the info multiple times, I went with it and it definitely worked out.

Installation took a couple hours, as I took my time with it and used Jonathan Long's video for keying the locks (which turned out to be pretty easy actually).

Overall, I'm definitely happy and would recommend MSP to others as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts