Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

Urban Brawlers & Heat

2380 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  angelo112233
Has anyone noticed if installing urban brawlers made a significant difference in the cooking of their legs? I've seen a few things about having an aftermarket slipon helping somewhat with that. Looking for confirmation or counterpoints.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Installing urban brawlers would make our LEAN bike run more LEAN, which would result in extra heat. Running LEAN generates enough heat to blow a hole in a piston.

Proper way to do it is to get the proper a/f mix, which you can achieve with a power commander + maps + dyno, or power commander + autotune.
See less See more
I got brawlers. I've ridden a couple different bikes. The brawler exhaust is under the passenger and since I can't get the wife to go further than the park and back I can't give you a good read. One thing I can say is anything is better than a twin burning your nuts while stuck in traffic. Eh right?!
Installing urban brawlers would make our LEAN bike run more LEAN, which would result in extra heat. Running LEAN generates enough heat to blow a hole in a piston.

Proper way to do it is to get the proper a/f mix, which you can achieve with a power commander + maps + dyno, or power commander + autotune.

Looking at buying a PC but, I don't see one listed for a '14 and I don't see any maps for a V&H. Do you have any info other than the PC website?
Looking at buying a PC but, I don't see one listed for a '14 and I don't see any maps for a V&H. Do you have any info other than the PC website?
part number: 17-055
Dynojet Power Commander V Kawasaki Z1000 2014-2015 - RevZilla

I would see a tuner, They have a reflash now for the 2014.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.