Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed if installing urban brawlers made a significant difference in the cooking of their legs? I've seen a few things about having an aftermarket slipon helping somewhat with that. Looking for confirmation or counterpoints.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Installing urban brawlers would make our LEAN bike run more LEAN, which would result in extra heat. Running LEAN generates enough heat to blow a hole in a piston.

Proper way to do it is to get the proper a/f mix, which you can achieve with a power commander + maps + dyno, or power commander + autotune.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I got brawlers. I've ridden a couple different bikes. The brawler exhaust is under the passenger and since I can't get the wife to go further than the park and back I can't give you a good read. One thing I can say is anything is better than a twin burning your nuts while stuck in traffic. Eh right?!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Installing urban brawlers would make our LEAN bike run more LEAN, which would result in extra heat. Running LEAN generates enough heat to blow a hole in a piston.

Proper way to do it is to get the proper a/f mix, which you can achieve with a power commander + maps + dyno, or power commander + autotune.

Looking at buying a PC but, I don't see one listed for a '14 and I don't see any maps for a V&H. Do you have any info other than the PC website?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts