Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay lemme condense the posts. Sorry.

2020 ninja 1000sx
For starters, they make every part in the world for the 5000$ ninja 400, but not **** for a 13000$ 2020 ninja 1000. Here we go...

Done some... Looking for some.

Integrated tail light done!
Pin stripe accents done!
Rear delete done!
Exhaust ordered!
Led glow ordered!
Sliders ordered!
Spools ordered!

Needs, complaints, questions:

Rearsets : why are stock so wobbly, for something that is prone to holding my body weight, feel like I'm gonna snap them cheap things... They shouldn't wobble that much, what's it have 1 bolt in it...?..

Steering damper /stabilizer : again, a 2020 1000 with no stabilizer, she'll get wobbles when you're 120+...also im convinced the gp4 steering stabilizer for the 2019 will work, they have the same set up how it mounts, let's prove it... I need...however if you go gp4 stabilizer then you can't use stem phone mount.

Levers: the 2019 versys clutch lever apparently works for the 2020 N1K, but here I am without a brake lever now. So just wait for crg to come with some.?

Sliders /cage : I ordered kawis sliders for her, see if I like them or not. I heard the previous years sliders will work? I would love some engine guards or stator cover, etc..

Front axle slider: will previous ones work? That should be standard through the axle yea?

Exhaust : yea akro full 1700$... Pass... I ordered custom fabbed should be here next weekend. Will update.

Rear seat cowl : 300$ through kawi my option right now it seems?

Mirror: extenders or new mirrors? I mean my elbows are nice and all but yea... You get it...guess could go bar end, but then have ugly spot on front where old mirrors were.

Rubber tank pads front and side:
Nothing per model, guess for now Universal eh? Would like a nice fit.

Adapter spot in dash: looks like I can put a USB plug there or something, how easy hard it that?

There was one more thing but forgot.. Ha.
Show me what I need to see. =)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Steering Damper: Wasn't any wobble up to 140 or so on my '11, '14 or '18. What makes you think the 2020 was so poorly designed it will wobble?

·
Registered
10,539 Posts
I'll bet hes had a damper, before. Once you have tried one, it's really difficult to go without one, needed or not. It's a very loveable part. If Scott's made a damper for my concours 14, I would have put one on it, too.

As far as the brake lever goes, the front master cylinder is the same part that the 2011 ninja 1000 had. CRG wont need to build a 2020 brake lever. They already have one.

The rearsets are rubber mounted, and they do move around. It helps isolate them from vibration. I did not like that feature. I replaced my rearsets. You can remove the mounting bolts and add washers. When you smash the rubber more, it tightens them up.

·
Premium Member
2014 Green N1K
138 Posts
For the adapter spot in dash. Take look at the youtube video by Jonathan Long.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Must've just been wind and road and such then, haven't had any problems today and was up there most of the time. However I still would like a steering damper as wheelies are in my nature =p I'm thinking the GPR damper from the 19 will work on the 20.

They have a CRG brake lever but no clutch.. Granted we have quick shifter, but still, I need stuff to match haha.

Also wondering what 19 carbon parts will fit the 20 also.

I'll washer the rear sets for now but definitely wanna upgrade. A little vibration I'm fine wirh, would rather have firm solid footing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts