Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, rode for a almost three hours today, split over two trips. about 35 minutes into the second trip I noticed I didn't have any turn signals. This includes hazard lights and front/back turn signals. I do not even get an indication on the cluster of turn signals flashing. Any suggestions of where to look first? I did check the fuse and it was blown, I then replaced it with the spare 7.5A fuse and still nothing, fuse is still good.

I do have the Motodynamics tail tidy/integrated tail. It used the stock connectors so I don't believe it is part of the issue, but can look it over again. I have probably 300 miles ridden with this setup installed.

side note: I'm 15 months into ownership with a 5 year warranty, is it even worth checking? I just hate to tie up time if its a flasher relay or something simple..
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
759 Posts
There are a few places where a single failure can cause all the blinking lights to fail. The fuse was the first place. When whatever short happened that blew the fuse it might have taken out the blinker relay. This would also cause everything to fail. Double check the wiring for shorts. That's what most likely started it all. Pinching wires in the tail section is a likely place to cause a short. It's fairly easy to trace turn signal wiring because it's mostly exposed. If you need a schematic, here's a schematic (assuming you have a '17-'19)

·
Registered
316 Posts
wow, you have one of those for a 2013??

·
Registered
759 Posts
As it happens, I had a 2011 so, not so fancy but here's the schematic for the 2011-2013.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the diagrams and feedback. Turned out I didn't need them. upon inspecting my work on my install of the motodynamics tailight I saw where I had pinched a wire in my haste to put the bike back together and avoid wife aggro. Got it all fixed and nestled in there nicely now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts