Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am narrowing down my choices. Obviously pre 2014 bikes do not have traction control. Can someone explain to me how it works and what it feels like. On my 2011 I never felt like I needed traction control- although I am probably one of the larger riders out there-6'3 240lbs. Lot of weight on the rear tire. I never drag race i.e. smoke the tires.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys! So it accomplished by limiting the amount of power to the rear wheel. Almost seems a little silly. I thought it was something similar to what happens when the wheel breaks traction and the clutch would slip. Almost like the opposite of abs in a car.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The ABS is on fulltime and can't easily be defeated. The brakes are amazing though on the 2014+ models. Ok, I should qualify that, my rear brake sucks but the front is amazing. Most of the time though the engine braking is about as much as it can handle without locking up anyway (on the stock POS tires). I have to REALLY jam on the rear brake to even remotely approach rear wheel lockup.
I remember this from 2011. The engine worked almost as well as my rear brake, but the front was excellent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts