Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the shop manual on order but haven't received it yet. Want to install handlebar risers. Can someone tell me the torque value for the handlebar bolt that needs to be removed to install the Murphs handlebar riser?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,008 Posts
The stock bolt is covered in thread lock. You have to clean it off and apply new if the torque wrench is going to help you.

·
Registered
452 Posts
26 ft-lbs or 35 N-m
That sounds low to me. Are you sure that’s not the torque for the collar over the bearings? I have not looked it up, so I apologize if I’m wrong.

UPDATE. I have found 79 ft pounds and 32. I tend to believe the 79 is correct. I think my FJR is 85.

·
Premium Member
13,008 Posts
There are about 400 fine threads on those bolts. They wont need to be super tight to be strong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Handlebar bolt number 5 looks right to me. 26 ft lb. Just another item for anyone else who installs the Murph risers. The directions didn't specify what to do with these two, small, silver inserts. At least for the 2021 Ninja 1000 you need to insert these into the bottom of the Murph riser. I did this by holding the silver thing with a needle nose pliers and then hammering them in. Then when you slide the risers on these help stop the riser from turning (see pic, underside of Murph riser). Again, nothing about this in the instructions.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts