Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
I bought a refurbished Garmin 395 (which I could not tell from new). It gives me a GPS and tire pressure monitor. It works great. I also have a 595 on my FJR with the TPM.

·
Registered
'20 Kawasaki 1000SX, '18 KTM Super Duke R, '16 Yamaha FJR1300ES
100 Posts
Must have IMHO. They are also getting so inexpensive--I paid over $150 for a HawksHead system a few years ago--I wonder if that $35 unit is the same quality or if it craps out after a few months. I also like to install metal T-valve stems when replacing the OEM rubber ones so I can leave the sensors on when airing up.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Sure would be nice if that gauge were smaller and flatter. It is pretty large. But I'm liking this device.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought a refurbished Garmin 395 (which I could not tell from new). It gives me a GPS and tire pressure monitor. It works great. I also have a 595 on my FJR with the TPM.
I have a Garmin as well. Very accurate and gives a warning if tyre pressure gets low

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm a pretty big fan of the FOBO TPMS (available on Amazon). FOBO sensors are more expensive than the ones in the link above, but the results show up on your smartphone via a Bluetooth connection. I've used FOBO on several different motorcycles over the years and have been very happy with the system.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm a pretty big fan of the FOBO TPMS (available on Amazon). FOBO sensors are more expensive than the ones in the link above, but the results show up on your smartphone via a Bluetooth connection. I've used FOBO on several different motorcycles over the years and have been very happy with the system.
And the fact that FOBO TPMS reports to your cell phone alerts you when you are away from your bike but still in Bluetooth range. This saved me from missing a dinner train on an overnight trip.

Plus it can alert you by Bluetooth into your headset while you are riding. This alerted me of a tire issue coming down a steep hill with my wife on board on an out of state trip.

I'm a big FOBO fan and have also been using them for years.

Two Thumbs Up!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Anyone try something like this. I know you have to have steel valve stems. And there are sensors that go inside the tire as well. Motorcycle Tire Pressure Monitoring System W/ 2 External Sensor Waterproof G3E5 | eBay
I've used a system similar to the one in the link on my N1K(mines from amazon) , its worked flawlessly for a couple of years now,,. Totally wireless,. Not even an on/off switch, wakes up on any minor vibration, sleeps the rest of the time,,. Just plug it in every month or two, don't even have to remove it to charge, just plug it into your USB outlet,,.
Also
I never had to switch to the metal valve stems, I still have the original ones in, TPMS works fine,,.

Friends have similar,,. (if it quits you cough up another 50 bucks compared with big bucks to fix OEM)

I've got the BMW OEM system on another bike, I prefer this one,,. To change the battery you have to remove the tire and put a new sensor module in plus get BMW to re initialize the, probable 6 or 7 hundred dollar deal for both wheels,,!!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have a Garmin as well. Very accurate and gives a warning if tyre pressure gets low
Interesting, what does it use for a sensor, do they come with the Garmin,,!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts