Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The current thread on frame sliders is helpful but has anyone seen any tip over protection for the new OEM side bags? On my Honda ST1300 there are excellent options available that will hold the bike up and prevent any damage to the bags or fairing when the bike goes over in a parking lot, garage or at slow speeds. It would be nice to protect these nice new bags.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Haven't heard anything about this, seems like at the moment information is limited on it. Or just not as easy to find. Maybe a local dealer might know?

·
Registered
9 Posts
4jranch, I just bought a (new, leftover) 2014 Ninja 1000 (Blue) a few weeks ago. Loving the bike. But I have the factory saddlebags too. Can you tell me who makes those bars protecting your saddlebags? Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
370 Posts
I also have a Honda ST1300 ('05 Candy Graceful Red color) and I recently added the BygDawg brand tip-over bars to protect the bags. Combined with the wings built into the fairing, the bike can survive low-speed or stopped tip overs without much, if any, cosmetic damage. Don't ask me how I know, but it's kind of common among the ST owners community.

Which is why I also have a 2015 N1K, with OEM bags. I really like having those for longer trips, but I've wondered about a way to protect those bags in case of tip over. I have engine sliders installed, but that's all. With 200 lbs less weight, however, the frequency of tip over incidents is far fewer. Still, it would be nice to have more preventative guards.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts