Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have one similar to the Go Cruise and would say it is OK for the price. In my area no road is flat for more than a mile. Even in relatively flat sections there will be slight rises and falls. So to maintain a constant speed you are constantly making micro adjustment of the throttle that you do no even notice. Put on a throttle lock and your speed will be up and down with the lay of the land. I have had more expensive versions that simply clamped down on the throttle when applied. You could then make the small adjustments as required without having to adjust it as your force on the throttle was stronger than the friction holding it in place.

The Go Cruise variety has an arm that you press against the brake lever when you are at the desired speed. On flat sections it holds you speed quite well. On an uphill you will want to give it more throttle and then let it reurn to the preset level on the flat. On a down hill section you will want to back off the throttle, but now the arm is repositioned for a lower speed. When you return to the flat you will need to reset it.

It is also not as convenient to make minor adjustments of 1 or 2 mph.

Having used Go Cruise style for a bit I am thinking of changing it to one that is strictly a friction fit without an arm that bumps against the brake lever.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use the Go Cruise Throttle Lock as well. It's not perfect and sometimes needs adjusted multiple times to get it right BUT does the job and is a steal for around $20!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Right. I bought the Kaoko throttle lock last summer for my trip to Oregon. Lots of straight road to get there. Two of the guys had Throttle Meisters, but I thought setting them looked awkward. The Kaoko worked fine and is easy to set.
I've not used the Kaoko but from the description it seems to set in exactly the same manner as my throttlemeister..

·
Registered
154 Posts
And I did get the Kaoko installed on the bike a couple weeks ago. It works so well but I must say, with the inherent sensitivity of the fuel injection on the N1K, it's a bit harder to set than on the other bikes I've had it on. But once it's set it works great. I can't wait to take my first long trip.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I use the Go Cruise Throttle Lock as well. It's not perfect and sometimes needs adjusted multiple times to get it right BUT does the job and is a steal for around $20!
Same here. It helps when I need to take my throttle hand of the grip to relax it and lessens the amount of pressure needed to keep the throttle open on long rides.

I used a Kaoko on my Triumph Sprint ST. I'd bought a Throttlemeister but mods were required to make it work. Didn't seem right to modify a $10K bike to fit a $100 accessory. The Kaoko slipped right on with no mods and worked great, especially with the knurled ring to engage it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Another vote for the Go Cruise Throttle Lock. I have the new metal version and it works pretty good now that I am used to the subtlety of setting it. Like it was mentioned, for $20 you cant go wrong.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went with the all black Throttlemeister. It's expensive compared to others but it looks oem and works great. Don't skimp out to save a few $$$

·
Registered
370 Posts
Omni-Cruise

I use the Omni-Cruise device. I've had them for the past two bikes. Even though I also had a ThrottleMeister on the last bike, I came to prefer the Omni-Cruise. I like the tension adjustment and the thumb lever to apply it. It's powder coated and has chamfered edges. Very high quality and simple to use.

Here's the link -- OMNI-CRUISE: Universal Motorcycle Throttle Lock

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had a kaoko on my VStrom 1000 and have a throttlemeister on my concours c14. I like the throttlemeister much better. One moving part for the throttlemeister and 2 for kaoko. Plus the throttlemeister came with a matching bar end for the left handgrip. Unless I was operating it incorrectly, I felt the kaoko was more work to set while riding than the throttlemeister.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the Go-Cruise on my Tiger and loved it. I have just purchased the Omni Cruise and have fitted it to my 2016 N1K. Just as good but not a lot of room to grab the brake with the shorty Pazzo levers. Just something to get used to.

·
Registered
5,756 Posts
Ill stick with the 25.00 dollar go-cruise, once installed you dont even notice it on the bike because it blends so well.

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
This winter, I want to work on adapting one of the plastic throttle locks to it . Our throttle housing is not good for one of these, but I want to see about gluing one in place.

It's worked great on my 14, so why not here? Something like that vista cruise brand.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I sprung for the $1000 MCCruise:

https://www.mccruise.com/collections/kawasaki/products/kawasaki-ninja-1000-2014-zx1000m-electric-servo

I had adapted a used universal one from eBay to my NT700V and LOVED it!!! LOVE it on the N1K just as much!!! Kawis are a little quirky, but the Guymer brothers provide EXCELLENT customer service to talk you through it. They've called my house on a Friday evening from their Saturday morning breakfast table in Australia to work through stuff. They really take pride in their product and won't settle for it functioning less than 100%.

Reactions: guambra2001
1 - 20 of 22 Posts