Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
y 2014 - 2019 Z1000/Ninja1000 ECU programming (Re-Flash) includes:

1) Fix all fueling problems inside the ECU.
(The ones that cannot be fixed with an external fuel tuner or other commercially available methods)
a) All gear dependent maps fixed
b) Main fuel tables (A/n) - adjusted in all active throttle positions.
c) Vacuum based fueling tables (MAP)- adjusted in all active areas.
d) Emissions compliant sub-routines that affect driveability - turned off.

e) All system response delays (detuning items) - turned off.
f) Acceleration enrichment thoroughly tested and re-adjusted for perfect response.
h) Optimize injector timing for best power, response, mileage and combustion efficiency.
i) O2 sensors disabled - No need to unplug, or can be removed if desired.

2) Low gear power limiters removed
2a) Disable speed limiter (Ninja/SX)

3) Disable fuel cut for flawless throttle control

4) Re-program sub-throttles for max power and driveability at any rpm and throttle position

5) Cooling fans come on at 195 degrees

6) Reduced engine braking on decel

7) Disable Exhaust Servo error code
No need for exhaust servo eliminator (EXUP eliminator) anymore (Z1000 only)

8) Complete re-curve of ignition timing at all throttle positions

9) Raise rev-limit to 11,500 rpm

10) Anything that compromises performance and/or driveability is eliminated.

11) Disable O2 sensor function for stable fuel mixtures (EU & AU, 2017 & newer models only)
11a) Disable O2 sensor code to avoid error code from it's removal

12) Free upgrades when/if we make improvements. (shipping not included)

13) Return your ecu back to stock at no charge for any reason.
(shipping not included)

14) Answers to all your questions.

All testing was done in house on Ivan's personal Ninja 1000 / Z1000SX testbike

ECU reprogramming may not comply with federal safety/emission laws
ECU reprogramming may not comply with your warranty

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes. I put the Akrapovic racing exhaust and Ivan's flash on my 2019. If the stock bike was an 8.5, the flashed bike is a 9.5. It smoothed out 1st and 2nd gear, reduced engine braking by a large amount, and the bike doesn't feel like its fighting me when I wind the throttle back. Plus I have got it to 160 mph :^)
Based on dyno charts and videos, the modded N1K compares favorably to the ZX6R and GSXR 750 in terms of performance.

You didn't mention it in your post, but another benefit I've noticed is that with the new exhaust and tune, plus putting Pirelli AGTs on the bike, its much more nimble and handles turns way better. It was pricey, but its cheaper than buying another bike at least :^)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Yes. Ivan's work is more thorough than others. I now have two bikes with ECU's reflashed by Ivan.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does Ivan's remap make the bike run any smoother. Love my 2016 but it gives me carpal tunnel after a while.

·
Registered
2019 Ninja 1000
371 Posts
Does Ivan's remap make the bike run any smoother. Love my 2016 but it gives me carpal tunnel after a while.
It does smooth out the bike some. If you have issues with vibration, you may also want to consider getting HVMP Bar ends.

·
Registered
984 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've tried things like these but it's the vibration that is doing my wrists in. I've been thinking of Ivan's remap in hope the vibration is smoothed out some. Already rebalanced the throttle bodies. Also raised the bars and got a rubber bumper in there. Next up is lead shot in the handlebars and Grip Puppies. Probably do Ivan's remap regardless.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Used those, then with my winter gloves on, pulled my hand away from the throttle at a stop light, and the glove against the rubber caused my throttle to blip open. Almost threw me. Happened twice, so I went with the hard plastic that does not stick to my winter glove.

·
Premium Member
11,906 Posts
The remap does help with vibration, but it's not as if you are left thinking, "My god, someone just turned this bike into a concours 14." It doesnt do that, as far as vibration goes. That's what you need to be on if vibration is a top priority.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The remap does help with vibration, but it's not as if you are left thinking, "My god, someone just turned this bike into a concours 14." It doesnt do that, as far as vibration goes. That's what you need to be on if vibration is a top priority.
Then again, less vibration means less feedback, which could make the bike a little more boring. There's 4 rubber washers on the two back bolts that hold the seat down. Gonna pull them off and see if it makes a difference in feedback. I remember while riding my Mach IV H2, trying out the new Goldwing in 1975. So smooth and vibration free, it was creepy. Didn't even feel like a motorcycle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts