Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about making a trade that oddly has me scratching my head. I have a 13 gsxr 750 i bought new last august, its an ok bike, decent power, handles well, good color sheme yada yada, what i dont care for as much as i use't to is the riding position (im 38), i've rode the ninja 1000 & liked it pretty well too, im just wondering what id be feeling over a period of time though. I also have a concours 1400 for my long days, weekend get aways, vacations so i do have a good sport touring bike. the ninja 1000 would be used as a sportbike, has anyone else made the switch from super sports to the ninja 1k

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep - I don't mind "riding" to get to the twisties on the Ninja 1000. With my R6/600RR supersports, I never wanted to ride out further than an hour. Slabbing an hour on a supersport is like yoga. Plus, once I get there, I want to work the bike hard which puts me at dangerous speeds. You can do the same on the Ninja, but you get the same sensation at lower speeds.

I always wanted a 750, but from what you're saying, maybe it's not the best idea. I always thought the Suzuki sport bikes were much more comfortable than the other 3 Japanese manufacturers - I've ridden an '07 and '08 GSXR750, and an '08 GSXR600.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Alot has to do with your riding. You have a Concours so touring is covered but what about the other kind of riding you do.

Do you track a lot? If so stick with the GSXR. If your like me who likes the curvies but does not push it to the limit and you ride around town too. The N1K is a great bike for that. The Concours may be too much for every day and sport riding and the GSXR may be too much for longer days.

You may find the NIK is all you need for all riding.

·
Registered
50 Posts
alot has to do with your riding. You have a concours so touring is covered but what about the other kind of riding you do.

Do you track a lot? If so stick with the gsxr. If your like me who likes the curvies but does not push it to the limit and you ride around town too. The n1k is a great bike for that. The concours may be too much for every day and sport riding and the gsxr may be too much for longer days.

You may find the nik is all you need for all riding.
you are correct i traded my zzr1200 for the n1k because the zzr was way too heavy and i have a hard time riding my cbr for longer than 2 hrs on a long ride with out getting a stiff back and leg cramps :) but the n1k is the best of both worlds :d:d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts