Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is a silly question... especially since I am going on my second year of ownership.

I normally just throw my helmet on the grip or in the box (if I have them on) well today I was without the boxes and in a somewhat sketchy area so I didn't want to leave the bucket loose.

So how do those silly little loops under the seat work.. I am used to having a hook to loop the chin strap in.. maybe I could tie them in a knot? I don't know.

·
Registered
456 Posts
So this is a silly question... especially since I am going on my second year of ownership.

I normally just throw my helmet on the grip or in the box (if I have them on) well today I was without the boxes and in a somewhat sketchy area so I didn't want to leave the bucket loose.

So how do those silly little loops under the seat work.. I am used to having a hook to loop the chin strap in.. maybe I could tie them in a knot? I don't know.
You put the silly little loop through the D rings used to fasten the helmet to your chin, and run it back up to a hook, under the seat.

Or, for $6.00 on Amazon (also try a bicycle shop or Wally World) you can purchase a coil cable that expands to 6 feet. I have used it thru my helmet, jacket sleeve and pants leg, to lock all my gear to the bike. It's listed under:

"Helmetlok Universal Motorcycle Cycle Crusier Atv Helmet Lock Cable" on Amazon.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I must have missed the hook, is it on the chasis or is it on the seat?

That longer cable sounds like a good idea. I try to never to leave my bike anywhere where it can be tampered with but I had a lot people watching when I pulled in and my spydey sense went off.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I second the purse lock for baby strollers. Same thing as the helmet ones (shown above) but much cheaper. They are about $8 or so if you search around. The "motorcycle" ones are about twice the price.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I must have missed the hook, is it on the chasis or is it on the seat?

That longer cable sounds like a good idea. I try to never to leave my bike anywhere where it can be tampered with but I had a lot people watching when I pulled in and my spydey sense went off.
the hook is right in front of your tool kit. Should be black attached with 2 bolts. It doesn't offer much room, I can get my helmet locked but 2 at once would be an issue.

·
Registered
125 Posts
You open your pannier.. You put your helmet in.. and you lock it?" :p

·
Registered
76 Posts
Honestly I don't really like leaving my helmet on the bike while I'm too fare to keep an eye on it. The loops are used to passe your helmet's D rings... I'v tried them but theres not much play when you but the seat back on and the all fits king of tight, If you really want to leave your stuff on the bike.. try and find some kind of lock witch is not to expensive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts