Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my last Sportourer 2021 Ninja 1000SX . I am 70 yo. My last hoorah. I have AdV and crusiers but still feel the need for speed plus there was more spot in the motorcycle stable for one more bike. It may come in by the end of next week. Seems many of the farkles will arrive before the bike. Corbin seat, murphs bar risers, Knight lower pegs, dash screen protector, mirror block offs, rear seat cowling, OEM saddlebag kit,
. Still need or want bar end mirrors , fendaextenda, radiator guard, motor cage fir protection and place to add highway pegs?
Garza won’t fit

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hopefully, your "last hoorah" will last a long time. One of my riding buddies turned 80 this year. And my sister-in-law was pissed at her father because last year (2019) he put his girlfriend on the back of his Harley and rode from Las Vegas to Daytona and back for speed week. To quote: "84 is too **** old to be riding across the country on a motorcycle!"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully, your "last hoorah" will last a long time. One of my riding buddies turned 80 this year. And my sister-in-law was pissed at her father because last year (2019) he put his girlfriend on the back of his Harley and rode from Las Vegas to Daytona and back for speed week. To quote: "84 is too **** old to be riding across the country on a motorcycle!"
I understand fully. August 2019 I rode from South of New Orleans into Canada crossing at International Falls Mn. My brother rode along and he is almost two years older

·
Registered
699 Posts
You, sir, clearly know your mind! All mods ordered before the bike is delivered!

I salute your spirit to keep riding without limiting yourself in any way. Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: Jam

·
Registered
353 Posts
Welcome. I’ll add two more to the “old guys rule” support. I’m 68 and you can see in my sig what I have. The guy I ride with is over 70 (he’s on the forum so I try not to throw him under the bus) and he has a 2020 also and a couple of other fast bikes.

Reactions: Jam

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad to see I am not alone. I belong to some ADV rider groups that if you add even a comfortable seat about a 1/3 of the group chastising you that you bought the wrong bike yada yada. I ride how I want to ride!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts