Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have a 2021 N1k, I have my phone paired with my bike and I have used the Rideology app. I was out riding and my wife texted me and I heard a notification in my scala rider q3 headset. I thought that’s awesome! I can hear when she texts me and then use SIRI to check my texts through my scala q3. I know I will get a mail notification on the bikes display as well.

The problem is I can’t get it to do it anymore lol. I’m not sure if I need the Rideology app to be recording a riding log or if there is a setting in my bike settings.

Just curious if anyone else has used there helmet communicators to know if they get a text?

Also in regards to the Rideology app. The riding log is pretty useless unless I’m doing something wrong that is lol. I know the bike needs to be running and then I start a ride log. If I stop riding for a break I have to stop the log when I turn my bike off or it won’t save the log. I did hit pause once and as soon as I turned the key off I lost the ride log. So if you go for a ride for a day and stop several times you would have to have multiple logs for one ride. That seems pointless and stupid to go riding all day and have to have 5 or 6 separate logs for one day of riding. Is there a way I can have one continuous log for a whole day of riding?

thanks!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I cannot help you with the Kawasaki Rideology app. But if you want a ride log with map try out the Yamaha MyRide app. It doesn't need pairing, so it's not going to work with your N1K or helmet, but it's a nice ride log and it would probably run along the Rideology if your get the Rideology to work again.

·
Premium Member
2021 Ninja 1000 SX
94 Posts
The Google Maps app will record your location history if you have your phone's 'Location' turned on and have 'Location History' turned on (via "Manage your Data" - last item) in the app Menu.
You can see your trips via the "See & delete activity" button in that item.
It doesn't show speed, but does list locations by time and distance. So you can work out averages between points.

·
Premium Member
12,809 Posts
I cannot help you with the Kawasaki Rideology app. But if you want a ride log with map try out the Yamaha MyRide app. It doesn't need pairing, so it's not going to work with your N1K or helmet, but it's a nice ride log and it would probably run along the Rideology if your get the Rideology to work again.
That's funny. The Yamaha app works better than the app that matches your bike. Why wouldnt the factories use google, or apple to help build apps that work, rather than this mess?

·
Registered
371 Posts
That's funny. The Yamaha app works better than the app that matches your bike. Why wouldnt the factories use google, or apple to help build apps that work, rather than this mess?
Yea it's funny. I download the Rideology app and before I got to use it I read some negative comments and some here mentioned the Yamaha MyRide, so I downloaded it. The next day I started the MyRide, through the phone in the tank bag and took a local 150 miler forgetting I had the app running. When I checked my phone for messages at the end of the ride I noticed it was running. The route map, total miles, total time, maximum lean, max speed and other stuff was right there, easy peassy!

·
Registered
2020 Ninja 1000 Sx
76 Posts
Also in regards to the Rideology app. The riding log is pretty useless unless I’m doing something wrong that is lol. I know the bike needs to be running and then I start a ride log. If I stop riding for a break I have to stop the log when I turn my bike off or it won’t save the log. I did hit pause once and as soon as I turned the key off I lost the ride log. So if you go for a ride for a day and stop several times you would have to have multiple logs for one ride. That seems pointless and stupid to go riding all day and have to have 5 or 6 separate logs for one day of riding. Is there a way I can have one continuous log for a whole day of riding?
I gave up on the rideology app a week into owning the 2020 N1k. Kawasaki has done such a poor job with it. I still have not figured a way to get a continuous log while riding. There were some updates to the app a few months ago so i thought that would have fixed some of the issues but not so. It's almost like Kawasaki didn't think I would need to turn my bike off at some point during my day of riding. If it did work, it would be real nice to see some additional stats like gear position, brake pressure, throttle position etc. but I've given up on it.
An app i've found great for tracking rides is SCENIC. Unfortunately it's only available for iOS. Rever is another option for android but I much prefer Scenic. You can build routes, search for routes and track your rides pretty accurately. It does drain your battery though using GPS so make sure it's connected to a charger for longer rides.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts