Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the Ninja sticker on the tank? I think my black N1K would look good and clean with this sticker removed. Looks like there is a clear coat over the sticker.
Adam

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yes came from factory with the sticket with clear coating. I will wont remove it if i am you. other wise you will need another pain job to finished.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I took it off without a problem, their was no clear coat on it, and after you couldn't even know their was anything their. It's up to you. And yes it looks a lot better without the factory stickers in my opinion. I also have this bike.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I actually just pealed it off, and the residue you just heat with a blowdryer and gently rub off with either a cloth or your fingers. If it won't go away, use brake cleaner (the one without chlorine in it) but wipe it off rapidly. I will try and get a picture for you in the following days hopes this helps

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I took mine off no problem. I used a hair dryer to warm it up and peel it off. I used rubbing alcohol to take off the residue and it didn't hurt the clear coat.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The OP is talking about the "NINJA" sticker on the side of the tank. I'm pretty sure it's under the clear coat. The warning stickers on the back of the tank are easy to remove.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ninja sticker

I was referring to the Green Ninja sticker on the sides of the tank. The other stickers were easy to remove. I think a shiny black tank without any stickers would look really clean.
Adam

·
Registered
54 Posts
I was referring to the Green Ninja sticker on the sides of the tank. The other stickers were easy to remove. I think a shiny black tank without any stickers would look really clean.
Adam
Adam,

The Ninga sticker is under clear and can't be removed without damage to the tank. The 1000 sticker is on top, if you rub your finger on the two you'll feel the difference.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Accessory Wiring for Gadgets

I recently purchased a Zumo 660 that comes with a wiring harness to the battery. I want to know will I need to remove any plastic, or will lifting the tank be enough?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts