Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ninja N1k
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some side tank grips for my 2017 N1k. Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
Like these? I liked this kit because they include the piece to go over the plastic. That keeps it from getting damaged as you ride. They are expensive, but they hold up so well you'll probably never need a second set.

·
Registered
2017 Ninja N1k
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like these? I liked this kit because they include the piece to go over the plastic. That keeps it from getting damaged as you ride. They are expensive, but they hold up so well you'll probably never need a second set.

Thanks I think I’ll try those. Worth the money if it saves my paint.

·
Premium Member
13,022 Posts
Yes, for sure. I'm sure there are thinner substances in the world, than Kawasaki paint, but I dont know what these are.

Maybe I do? The frame and swingarm are also painted. I believe the same , 1 gallon can, was used for every Ninja 1000 they ever built. Not really, as they had to buy a pint of silver to paint the frames of the 2012 bikes.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I’m using the TechSpec side grips (linked above) on my Ninja. They are probably going to outlast the bike, LOL! While they are of great quality, the side of the tank and the frame of the Ninja isn’t the bestest in terms of maintaining contact with your thighs. But the TechSpec grips are faultless. So much so they have worn down my Trilobite Parado riding jeans around the inner knee area!

Reactions: Tcon1965
1 - 5 of 5 Posts