Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks. I'm thinking about a tank bag. I currently have a smallish 5 liter magnetic tank bag and it scratches the **** out of my tank. So I'm looking at the quick release tank bags with the lock ring so it doesn't rub the paint. So far I've found givi and sw-motech and deff liking the quality and style of the sw-motech over the givi. Are there others? Pros...cons.... What are your opinions? Talk to me peeps!

·
Registered
64 Posts
How about bathroom tape for protection? Mountain bikers use it to protect frames from dings and scratches.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I use the small sw-motech tank bag. I like it very much, especially the quick-release mount but also the expandable feature when I need more space on a long trip. I bought the non-electrified model, but that version also has the molded "ports" to run wiring. In winter, I use that feature to run the cords for my heated gear through the bag. Very handy. I would buy this tank bags again without hesitation.

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
I use the Kawi bag made for our bike. No issues with scratching or anything else. Obviously made to fit the bike also which many aren't.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ok folks. I'm thinking about a tank bag. I currently have a smallish 5 liter magnetic tank bag and it scratches the **** out of my tank. So I'm looking at the quick release tank bags with the lock ring so it doesn't rub the paint. So far I've found givi and sw-motech and deff liking the quality and style of the sw-motech over the givi. Are there others? Pros...cons.... What are your opinions? Talk to me peeps!
I've had both a Givi & the SW Motech City Bag.

The SW Motech, while twice the price, is really a lot better built, and a more quality item.

I have it the electrified version.

Will be riding less with the tankbag, and put everything in the SW Motech Evo Rear bag.
While hanging next to the bike, the tankbag bothers my elbows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts