Kawasaki Ninja 1000 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a couple of threads earlier too. But just wanted to check if anyone can confirm if installing a tail tidy needs you to cut wires or not?

I have seen a couple of models and some have wires in them and some are just metal.

Looking for '18, thanks.

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
You dont ever have to cut the bike side, if you dont want to. They sell kawasaki turn signal jumper wires. Like these, or on ebay. Tail tidy doesnt usually replace the tail light. Sometimes you want or need upgraded turn signals to be able to see them .

The tail tidy I bought was metal, only. It used the original tail light as well as the stock turn signals. It's not produced, anymore, but most are similar.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used MotoDynamics Tail Light and Tail Tidy, and added Rizoma turn signals. I did not need to cut any wires, and as Rcannon said, they came with some adapters, I did buy a 1 to 2 adapter so the MotoDynamic integrated turn signal and the Rizoma's all flash...pretty damn bright.

Bill

·
Registered
234 Posts
Used MotoDynamics and all their wire leads have OEM connectors so no cutting.

Reactions: agurudev

·
Registered
15 Posts
Those of you who have installed a tail tidy, did that require different turn signals? Also, do you use the hard panniers on your bike and, if so, how do the panniers work with the tail tidy modification?

I installed a BlasterX LED tail light/turn signal but kept the stock turn signals also. I took a hacksaw and file to the lower 8" or so of that hideous rear fender. It came out just fine (I was actually surprised with how well). I leave the panniers on most of the time. However, I am curious about tail tidy options, because on the rare occasion I remove the panniers, there is still a bit too much ugly plastic back there. . .

·
Registered
10,945 Posts
I used MotoDynamics Tail Light and Tail Tidy, and added Rizoma turn signals. I did not need to cut any wires, and as Rcannon said, they came with some adapters, I did buy a 1 to 2 adapter so the MotoDynamic integrated turn signal and the Rizoma's all flash...pretty damn bright.

Bill
Which rizoma did you buy? I still have not bought them for the ninja. No reason, I guess, but I want ...not sure what model. I had a set of zero-nines I really liked.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Which rizoma did you buy? I still have not bought them for the ninja. No reason, I guess, but I want ...not sure what model. I had a set of zero-nines I really liked.
I purchased the following, they were the same price at Cycle Gear and Revzilla. They work well, I have been very happy with them. I do not have bags on mine but they I believe they would easily fit as the turn signals are tiny.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know there are a couple of threads earlier too. But just wanted to check if anyone can confirm if installing a tail tidy needs you to cut wires or not?

I have seen a couple of models and some have wires in them and some are just metal.

Looking for '18, thanks.
look at the yoshimura tail tidy. led license plate light, uses stock turn signals. Looks good on mine.

Reactions: agurudev

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Evotech Performance tail tidy on my '16 was easy to install, used all OEM lights incl. license plate, and ended up being the best overall value I found that was compatible with KQR bags. I prefer the look and function of OEM turn signals, for some reason. Yoshi is a great choice too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts